Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the folding rear seat configuration is the same for all cars either left or right hand drive. I mean is the split single seat at the rear always behind the front passenger seat? Can make a difference to loading say a long flat worktop 220cms over top of front seat and still carrying a single passenger in a rear seat depending on flat folded configuration.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW 1.4 ISG
40 Posts
Does anyone know if the folding rear seat configuration is the same for all cars either left or right hand drive. I mean is the split single seat at the rear always behind the front passenger seat? Can make a difference to loading say a long flat worktop 220cms over top of front seat and still carrying a single passenger in a rear seat depending on flat folded configuration.
In NL Cee'ds the split single seat is behind the drivers seat.

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
Hi WURZEL. I have always found my split seats behind the front passenger. I remember way back, as my golf clubs are too long to go anywhere else.

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi WURZEL. I have always found my split seats behind the front passenger. I remember way back, as my golf clubs are too long to go anywhere else.
Yes, manufacturers of cars for UK marketjust tend to leave the configuration of car as per 'normal continental' LH drive' and just swop steering to right hand drive without considering anything else. A cost issue of course.
I thought I would purchase a short towing bar to keep in the boot so if there was an emegency with my car or wife's car, we could just bolt it into retaining screw holes and in a few minutes would be able to tow. But no....configuration problem again. Some cars have towing eyes on left, others on right. This means that when I fit the bar to our cars, it would not face right ahead but would have to locate in the fitting on the OTHER side of the car. Imagine towing with a bar at a 45degree angle!!! Come on car manufacturers, make it a standard side for towing bar, either Left or Right side as STANDARD. The cosequences of towing my wife's car mean I would be pulling her sideways all the time to some degree.
Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I thought I would purchase a short towing bar to keep in the boot so if there was an emegency with my car or wife's car, we could just bolt it into retaining screw holes and in a few minutes would be able to tow. But no....configuration problem again. Some cars have towing eyes on left, others on right.
What's that got to do with the way the rear seats are split.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts