Kia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 4dr 4x4 auto vacuum hubs....While I am at it, and since I can't find the correct seal....has anyone replaced their spindle bearings that are in the steering knuckle? I have a blind hole bearing remover if that is what it takes to remove it. For those that have replaced your spindle bearings, what tool did you use. Does your steering knuckle look like the one that I posted earlier with the seal pictures? It seems I may have an oddball. Thanks for any advice.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,818 Posts
Get the bearings and seals right from Kia, they are cheap.

·
Super Moderator
4,818 Posts
There are 2 inner seals and 1 outer. Which is wrong? I could give you part #'s if you like?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The seal I am after goes on the inner side of the spindle/knuckle where the cv goes in. Take a look at my previous post about seal issues that I posted today. There are some pictures that may help clarify. In the breakdown, they listed an inner oil seal, and a dust seal. I ordered them both. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,818 Posts
I just saw your other post..the seal # from the Kia package is not the corret seal as you allready know..that part# is for 2000 and older. 0K08A 33065 this is the correct inner seal for your 2002 sportage.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, that is interesting, because I gave the the VIN of my vehicle when I ordered it. Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
4,818 Posts
Your 70 Cyclone...428SCJ??

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just ordered two new seals, and yes they are the part number you gave me. Not cheap though. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,818 Posts
429CJ...not SCJ
Still a SUPER sweet car and VERY rare. Any pics? Do you know how many were made?
I noticed they were not cheap, sorry most Kia seal are, but for some reason that one is not.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks...I see you have a nice ride there also. The Cyclone is a work in progress. I drive it on nice days, but it does need work. The only problem is, once you start on these projects there is never a stopping point. Then you just put money into it, and can't even drive it. I do have some pics, not sure if I can post here. I can't remember how many were made, but I think less that 2,000. I used to know all that stuff, but now my stats get jumbled. Thanks again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update...I used the blind hole puller for the spindle bearings. It worked great. Also, finally received the correct seals. My spindle is now back on the car. At least one side. Now I can move forward. Thanks for all the help, and I used the loaner tools from Autozone for the blind hole puller.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts