Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rpm, fuel, temp and odometer works except the MPH any idea? I change the LED's on the speedo about a year ago to blue. do you think that might have cause the speedo MPH to stop working?

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Is it possible that the needle worked itself loose off the pin? IE: the pin is turning, but the needle isn't solidly connected any longer?

Can't rule out that something went bad after changing those LED's either, especially with the heatwave we've had across the states, if you were in that zone.

When I changed the cluster face on my Sephia years ago, the temp gauge just fell to the bottom one day. When I took it apart, the needle was out just a bit, pushed it back in, and it worked fine after that.

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me re-phrase that. the odometer do not work niether so no speed or odemeter reading. i change the speed sensor with a used one from my old trans and it worked for a couple of days and went back out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts