Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2011 ceed 3 crdi & according to buying guides, it should have
speed sensitive auto door locking.
My car does not seem to have this (or it does not work)
But it does have a button in the centre dashboard that allows you to do it manually
Can anybody advise as to whether my car should have this feature ?

Thanks All

Pete

·
Registered
Ceed SW 1.6 LX Fresh
149 Posts
Hi Pete

Many of drivers felt uncomfortable with this feature enabled, so they went to service where this funcition was disabled.

Simply go to KIA garage and ask them to reenable this feature. This is 5 minutes of work and in my country they did it or free of charge.

·
Registered
2010 ceed sw2 and a bit BD59FHY
95 Posts
Yes agree with road runner enabled / disabled by dealer. I had it on from new and to be honest it did my head in. If youve got to pick the wife up from a row of shops where its a quick stop and jump in you have to be completely stopped and start stabbing that button, by which time she has pulled at the handle which overrides you trying to unlock it, Or if you pull up outside your garage, get out and remember there is something on the back seat, you can't get in so you have to stretch into the inside of the door and pull the handle twice or sit back in to reach that button. I asked at every service and finally at the third one, they disabled it. Best thing that theyve done for me. I've noticed around England that there aren't many hoodys hanging round traffic lights to jump in and hijack a Ceed. Plus, if you pull up in a Ceed, they wouldn't tend to think, "wow there must be a handbag in that one oozing with bank notes gold jewelery and bullion now would they.Personal preference I know but I'd recommend leaving it off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys

Many thx Dowdeswell & Roadrunner,
I have Autoboss v30 scanner & sure enough- it was turned off !
Hope i can return the favour to u both in the future

Regards

Pete

·
Registered
Ceed SW 1.6 LX Fresh
149 Posts
Many thx Dowdeswell & Roadrunner,
I have Autoboss v30 scanner & sure enough- it was turned off !
Hope i can return the favour to u both in the future

Regards

Pete
Pete... can you please upload this Autoboss v30 scanner somewhere I can download? It would be of great help.

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw, thisi a complete device, not just the software :(:(

If anyone got some software that KIA can be controlled through, please upload!

Many thanks!

·
Registered
0858 Kia Pro_Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi, Red
191 Posts
Yes agree with road runner enabled / disabled by dealer. I had it on from new and to be honest it did my head in. If youve got to pick the wife up from a row of shops where its a quick stop and jump in you have to be completely stopped and start stabbing that button, by which time she has pulled at the handle which overrides you trying to unlock it, Or if you pull up outside your garage, get out and remember there is something on the back seat, you can't get in so you have to stretch into the inside of the door and pull the handle twice or sit back in to reach that button. I asked at every service and finally at the third one, they disabled it. Best thing that theyve done for me. I've noticed around England that there aren't many hoodys hanging round traffic lights to jump in and hijack a Ceed. Plus, if you pull up in a Ceed, they wouldn't tend to think, "wow there must be a handbag in that one oozing with bank notes gold jewelery and bullion now would they.Personal preference I know but I'd recommend leaving it off.
Not to mention potentially halving the life of the central locking mechanism, I had my dealer turn it off FOC as soon as I could

·
Registered
2011 Astral Blue Kia Cee'd SW 1.6 CRDi 3 Spec
115 Posts
It is a right pain, my Skoda had it, thankfully i could adjust features on the dash, i'm so fearful of anyone pulling the handle off :unsure:

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
I never had an issue with it on my Pro_
Once myself & wifey got used to it, very rarely caught us out.
Did feel bonkers for the first few weeks admittedly, but I actually miss it on my current car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts