Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fitting a entertainment system into my 05 Sportage XS and the sat nav requires connection to the speed pulse wire, anyone know where I can find this easily ?

:liebe011:
Simon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Seems difficult to get this information.
Asked my garage, they still waiting service manual for sportage 2005.

So no real info.

I need it too.
So can anyone tell us about.

Thanks for your help

:grouphug:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've now been around 5 or 6 different Kia garages and audio installation shops and they have all given incorrect wire colours for 2005 Kia Sportage XS !

But after hours of proding and probing I've found the Speed Pulse wire !

Firstly you need to remove the black panel infront of the instrument panel (2 screws at the top), carefully take it out disconecting the one cable on RHS. To make it easier for yourself move the steering wheel down to the lowest point.
Next you need to remove the instrument panel (4 screws 2 top and 2 bottom), move the instrument panel forward and you will see three connectors. Remove the one by itself in the right hand corner. Now over to the left you will see 2 connectors side by side the largest of the 2 connectors is the one we are interested in, unplug both of them and carefully remove the instrument panel.
So we now have the large connection block accessable, you will need to carefully cut back some of the black material type stuff from around the cable. The wire you need to connect your speed pulse wire to is coloured Green with Orange line and is located in one of the corners of this block and next to it is a blue wire.
Once connected put it all together and then you can test it !
I done a reset of the unit with the reset button on the front so that it would start learning again as recomended in manual.
Below is a couple of pictures, sorry about the very poor quality but I only had my phone with me at the time !

[attachmentid=829]
[attachmentid=830]
[attachmentid=831]

Hope this info helps someone else with there install :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Simonk.
What a great job you had done.

Si if there's no other alternative, i must to do it like you.

So, one question round in my mind.
from where comes this pulse ?
ICU?

May be it's much easy to found it on ICU connector directly ?

I had found an electronic box rear down the radio but i don't know if it's ICU.

Some people knows where the icu is?

I will have my avic next week, so i'll send you my feedback about.

Regards !

henri :beer:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure where it comes from !
It really isn't very difficult to remove the instrument panel, it probably sounds worse than it is !

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok,
Sounds good for that.

For the rest, where you placed the control unit of the pioneer ?
under master radio unit ?
Under seat?
Thanks again fro your help.

henri :right:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've put the control unit under the passenger seat as it needs to be located and fixed on a flat surface to allow the built in gyro's etc to work properly.
And I've also got a 6 cd changer under the drivers seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Simonk

Very good, it works fine for me too.
Very easy to do that, five minutes to dismount and place the wire.

i placed my AVIC X1R and it's fine, no pb at all.
I placed the control unit under the car radio (enough space for that).

So half a day (4 hours) installation, looks good. Just meesing the rear speed control. I'll do that next week.

Thanks again for your information.

Regards

Henri

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is indeed a simpler access point... it's located under the dash in the footwell, by the bonnet release. Tools required... pair of pliars and a finger nail... time taken 5 mins... What your looking for is the female end of a multiplug used for accessing the diaognostics by the dealer. The wire you are looking for is GREEN with a yellow trace. The plug can be easily removed from its mount for easy access. Simply peel back some of the protective covering and scotch lock in. Has it happens my dealer (Reg Vardy) said it was either the pink wire or the green wire! Both were wrong!!! However using the green with yellow trace now provides the speed pulse feed to my avic 800 dvd and am now a very happy bunny!!!! Hope this helps.

Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts