Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The new 2005 takes a long jump in its price… but also it has more modern look.. a wider track ….longer wheelbase..is roomy and more comfortable… a two or three safety and security features added to it… u can go to www.kiacars.com for more info :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by berry@Aug 28 2004, 04:11 PM
What upgradations has KIA brought about in the new KIA Spectra 2005?

The all new spectra is more powerful than the older one…more roomy since its longer and wider… it also features extra security goodies like 6 air bags… dual front seat mounted air bags and full length side air curtain airbags…also offers ABS.. the 2 liter engine offers increased torque rate (135) and increased HP (138)…the optional features are alloy wheels, moon roof tilt..rear spoiler and so on….theres so much more to it….and then at the end u get the best value fer your money!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey…thanx for the info buddy…!! I was in dire need of some comments regarding this car……I think I shud start considering it seriously now… if it has so many attractive things added to it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Compared to what was called the Shuma here in the UK, the Cerato, complete chalk and cheese cars..
The Cerato is vastly superior in everyway, much better built, and much more comfortable and nicer to drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by berry@Aug 28 2004, 09:47 AM
Hey…thanx for the info buddy…!! I was in dire need of some comments regarding this car……I think I shud start considering it seriously now… if it has so many attractive things added to it.
The 2005 also has a Beta Engine, So you can put the turbo on it also!!

New turbo kit for the 2.0L Beta motor. This will add up to 100 aditional horsepower. The kit includes the parts shown. Injectors and other fuel upgrades are sold separatley as the amount of boost and tuning involved may vary depending on customer needs. This is only sold as a complete kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by george@Sep 9 2004, 01:00 PM
The 2005 also has a Beta Engine, So you can put the turbo on it also!!

New turbo kit for the 2.0L Beta motor. This will add up to 100 aditional horsepower. The kit includes the parts shown. Injectors and other fuel upgrades are sold separatley as the amount of boost and tuning involved may vary depending on customer needs. This is only sold as a complete kit.

YOUR MY NEW HERO!!!!!!! Now where can I order one of these in Canada??:D

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
183 Posts
As far as upgrades from the previous model go, here are a couple of good online links that describe them:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...article_id=8206
(Note: This is the article that got me into the dealership.)

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosconsumer/.../f03-260288.htm

http://info.detnews.com/autosgallery2/inde...pe=autosgallery
(Note: This photo gallery contrasts the new to old if you click on the 'NEXT' button on the left hand side)

As for me, I'm really enjoying my new Spectra EX after 4 months of ownership.

Check out some pics and info I uploaded of my ride: http://spectraman.freeservers.com

I've also posted a lot of my KIA new-car experiences up on the Edmunds Spectra/Cerato board starting here: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/[email protected]@.ef16f96/350

Currently, my car's odometer reads 4,400 miles, and I've only had one minor thing (3rd brakelight LED) need replaced. I don't think that's too shabby based on some of the online laments of owners of older non-Hyundai based KIA products!

One nit that I have to pick is that the gas mileage won't blow you away with this car. I haven't cracked 30 yet on the highway (even though I've got the better rated 4-speed automatic), and it averages more around 24 mpg even though my 30 mile commute has many stretches of unbroken road. I'm hoping that the mileage may pick up a bit around 10k miles or so, based on some online postings I've seen.

In any case, go Spectra and go KIA!

-SM

·
Registered
4 Posts
One nit that I have to pick is that the gas mileage won't blow you away with this car. I haven't cracked 30 yet on the highway (even though I've got the better rated 4-speed automatic), and it averages more around 24 mpg even though my 30 mile commute has many stretches of unbroken road. I'm hoping that the mileage may pick up a bit around 10k miles or so, based on some online postings I've seen.

In any case, go Spectra and go KIA!

-SM

Don't Count on the gas mileage getting much better then 25 or 27. I was a little dissapointed with the MPG.... I thought it would be better then my old Dodge Neon SOHC 2.0L! I got better mileage with that... oh well.. I like my KIA MUCH better!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
THe spectra using a very open intake system causing the Mileage to jump dramatically from driver to driver. When running fuel consumption tests with 3 diffrent drivers we pulled anywhere from 22 to 39. We did however notice a jump after the car hit about 12k miles.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,116 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts