Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not an expert with cars, so I know my vocabulary is very limited. Basically, my car, an automatic transmission, has been making strange noises and isn't as easy to drive. It might be a coincidence that it started doing this after I got a couple serpentine belts and the O2 sensor changed. Instead of the usual sound when I start driving, there is a more high pitched whine, especially when I'm in reverse. Also, using the gas isn't as smooth as it used to be. Maybe it's an engine thing. I can hear it as the gears are shifting. It's almost like something is straining. I have noticed it doesn't seem to be as loud when the car has warmed up. That's about as specific as I can get. I hope someone can help me figure out if there is anything wrong with my car.

·
Registered
89 Isuzu trooper, Subaru Forester
5 Posts
How many miles on the vehicle? The installer could have put the belts on too tight and this is the whining noise you are hearing. Did they replace the timing belt? For the gas not being smooth, you could have severe carbon build up in intake, when is the last time you've had a tune-up? Have you checked the condition of your transmission fluid?

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are nearly 60,000 miles on the car. The timing belt was not replaced, to my knowledge. I'll make sure to check the transmission fluid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts