Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

Talked to a technician that he believe spectra 1.6 DOCH engine is similiar to mazda b6 engine, has anyone try to modify using mazda ECU? I know other upgrade such as Superchip, Unichip, ect....can be done to improve the ECU, could you share some experience?

Anyone has softcopy of "Spectra Electrical Troubleshooting Manual" or any relate manual?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by spectran01@Nov 17 2004, 03:38 AM
Hi There,

Talked to a technician that he believe spectra 1.6 DOCH engine is similiar to mazda b6 engine, has anyone try to modify using mazda ECU? I know other upgrade such as Superchip, Unichip, ect....can be done to improve the ECU, could you share some experience?

Anyone has softcopy of "Spectra Electrical Troubleshooting Manual" or any relate manual?

I'd wait till a chipmaker makes one designed for the car. Just because its the same engine, doesnt mean its the same everything else. ;)

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Originally posted by DOHC Brown@Nov 24 2004, 04:57 PM
I'd wait till a chipmaker makes one designed for the car. Just because its the same engine, doesnt mean its the same everything else. ;)
the mazda ecu will not work in your car. snsors are different and engine runs different settings. also there is an ecu upgrade but im not sure about for the 1.6 spec. there is one for the 1.8 email this comany he will know

www.kfxperformance.com

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts