Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I just bought a 2005 Spectra5. I have not been able to locate the info on the bolt pattern for the car. Other than it being a 4 lug. I want to put Motegi MR4's on the car in 18's. I talked to a local performance shop and I have also contacted American Racing Motegi's parent company. AR had no freaken clue on the application of any of there rims on the SPEC5. The local performance shop told me that they could put 18's on the car but only had the MR3 avalable. While there I also discused the chance in the Speedometer and scrubbing in turns and Max suspension travel. If I was to urs a 18in Wheel and a 40 seried tire i would only be over the total stock wheel and tire diamater (23 1/2in) by one inch. As far as the scrubbing i was told it would not be a issue. I could go to a 35 series tire but then i would replace tires more often with road hasards (pot holes) if and when i lower the car i will need to go to a 35 series tire and replace the Camber bolts and put a allignment kit on it to prevent towing of the Wheels and premature tire whear. If i am wrong on anything please correct me. I have found Strutt bars, clutches, shifters, turbos, on www.kfxperformance.com. I was wondering if anyong has used any of the turbo kits on there SPEC5. I belever there are only 2. Also have any of you replaced the front and Rear Strut bars on your SPEC5, and where did you get them, How was the instlation, notisable difference in corrnering from the Stock strut bars. Right now i really just need help on theose **** MR4's I really want those rims http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/St...&ShowLarge=True
OR
http://www.barretire.com/mr4.htm
Please help I am new to this stuff and i would like to do it right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,
So this is the tire package that I have picked out for my car.
Motegi-Rims-MR4-18GM - Motegi Wheels MR4 18x8 inch Gun Metal Offset FWD
- Wheel and Tire Package, 4 Wheels/4 Kumho 711 225/40/18
the Retailer which I have put the link in a the top of these poset has informed me that they should fit with no wheel scrubbing. I will have the before and after pix. Also I am going to the dealership on 9-2-05 for them to fix the hood latch, which has broken. Very odd but a free fix from the dealership. Also I have had some bubbling paint around the rear taillights, and the trim around the rear/bottom of the back window under the plastic. KIA is fixing these things FREE of charge when I go in to get the Hood Latch fixed. Along with a free alignment and also they are fixing some paint on the front ground effex for free as well. The scratches were there when I bought the car though.... Well I am debagging the front as soon as the Hood latch is fixed. I am also taking off the SPECTRA5 on the back as well. The KIA in the Hatch will stay for now until I find something to replace the hole it will leave. If you have any thoughts let me know please.

Thx
WhiteWidow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts