Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Nav Graphite/Tan
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing the thread regarding cleaning the engine got me thinking. Now that spring is here Canadians thoughts turn to car detailing, seeing as the Leafs aren't going to win the cup... Recently Canadian Tire started to import AutoGlym products so I decided to try them out. Some stuff isn't bad, some are useless. All overpriced. I was wondering what all of you use? Do you stick with one brand? Or what you consider the best in class?

Second question. I am going to clay bar my ride. Mother's or Meguiars?

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
for cleaning the inside of my car I stick with Amour All....been using it forever... I tried a couple other off brands (can't remember them now) from Walmart and they were garbage. For my windows I use Windex

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
don't like Armour All - too greasy and shiny, I've use Turtle Ice interior cleaner gives a nice clean and over a variety of different surfaces with a matte finish and nice clean scent. Automotive type window cleaners are best for windows, which are formulated different to Windex.

Haven't used clay bar, but from reading in other forums it would appear Meguiar's is strongly favoured.

·
Registered
12' KIA Rio5 SX & 15' KIA Sedona SXL
76 Posts
I went with the Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit, followed by the Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner, ending with their Ultimate Wax Liquid, & in between waxes using their Ultimate Quick Detailer!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS
95 Posts
The only product i use on my car is Meguiar's inside and out so i cant comment on Mothers.
Meguiar's clay bar was awesome. Wash, clay, polish, wax, wax and my Rio looked and felt amazing! :D

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
Meguiars inside detailing is great. Its non greasy and doesnt leave a shine or sheek. It keeps your interior oem looking and protects it well with no weird odor.

For outside I use Gold Class Shampoo all the way and use chemicals guys sealent with autoglym wax kit. I will be purchasing liquid glass as my next wax kit but I have to finish this canadian tire stuff before that. Most of the time I dont have time to wax the car anyways :/

Have yet to polish or clay the car but will clay soon! I dont recommend either meguiars or mothers clay you should try Riccardo or Clay Magic.

If you dont wanna purchase online then either of the two you suggested will work. They're about the same :) cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts