Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Picanto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many inches are the speakers of a picanto or who many inches speaker can fit in the door panels???
so to change them because they suck (poli moufa)<- the greek translation

·
Registered
2006 Kia Picanto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't want to cut anything the only thing that i want is to put new speakers with the excact size with the old ones but with a better quality in sound like pioneer, focal ...........

so , how many inches excactly they can feet in there ????

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
179 Posts
you can get som 5 1/4" speakers in it

AD500, MDS DL5Q COMP, MDS DL5R COMP, or MDS DL-T5 COMP

The are some really god speakers

And in the cheap end you can by this model MDS NC5

·
Registered
8 Posts
i know the rear speakers are a nightmare, apparently the picanto takes a 7 inch speaker and conventional speakers only come at 6.5. I had to drill new holes in the door to fit my speakers. Kia wanted £36 per speaker !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2006 Kia Picanto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by aface@Mar 22 2005, 12:35 PM
cut away some white fucking plastick and you can fitt a 6,5 ;)
where is that white fucking plastik, inside the door or is it the plastik outside that covers the speaker???
it is difficult to put JBL - GTO 6526 speakers in my picanto by my one or i shall prefer an expert to do my job???

·
Registered
37 Posts
look if you take of the door cover you will se a BIG white plastik thing that holds the speaker and move speaker out a bit so the window dont touch the speaker...

take of the white fucking plastic and start cutting...if you have a dremel if would go easy.

i had to cut of a dirt shelter to to fit my jbl speaker

the orginal mounted spekar in my picanto ex was 4 inch and 25 watt maximum...really shitty

·
Registered
7 Posts
no need to cut anything actually... a 5 1/4 speaker fits the front door speaker mount perfectly! And you can get seriously decent 5 1/4.. try JBL, Sony or MB Quart.

The rear speakers are different though as they don't come standard in the Picanto.. a good sound shop should have plastic mounts designed to fit any door speaker pod that will fit... these standard mounts will accept 5 and 1/4 inch and 6 inch speakers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts