Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorrento
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD? I'd like to go more minimal that I have in the past and keep everything hidden. I'll probably add just the sub for now, but will likely replace the speakers with something better down the road. Trying to determine crossover options as well, what I want might be too much for a small AIO. I'm also having trouble finding wiring diagrams for my model head unit as I was trying to determine what my wiring options will be before I order anything, does anyone know where I can find those as well? 2017 EX not Infinity.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorrento
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think that shows what I wanted to know. I noticed in another thread, you installed a sub in the OEM sub spot, do you have any pics of that install? I'm trying to decide between something like that and a under the seat sub. I don't need massive bass these days, but do need the space. I'm often putting kids bikes in the back, so worried that the one inch will stick out too much.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento
100 Posts
I can unplug and remove the amp and capacitor easily if I need to use that cargo space. They are mounted to a peice of 1/4 inch thick aluminum that keeps it all cool and the plate is held in place with velcro.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorrento
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks great, I think that’s the route I’m going. How is the Rockville? I was trying to decide what to do for an amp, I think I’m going to replace the speakers too, but they’d likely be fine without additional amp at first. I keep debating on a cheap mono or just getting a multi channel now to handle the speakers as well.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorrento
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually ended up going with the Rockville and Pioneer. One more question for you. Which model Pioneer is yours? I'm trying to measure the mount depth to see if it's the same and I would need a full inch like you did. Mine is a 2017 too, not sure if there's a difference in depth because of that s well.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX V6
6 Posts
I can unplug and remove the amp and capacitor easily if I need to use that cargo space. They are mounted to a peice of 1/4 inch thick aluminum that keeps it all cool and the plate is held in place with velcro.
That looks great, I'm looking to do the same in my Sorento. Did you build some kind of enclosure for the subwoofer? or did you add some kind of padding?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorrento
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take some pics when I do mine in the next week or two. I think depth is more of the issue and in my looking the pioneer is still the most shallow of the shallow depth subs. That person mentioned in another thread they used a 1 inch spacer.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento
100 Posts
Something worth mentioning with my set up. I no longer hook the seat belt behind the holder there above the subwoofer. The sub comes out far enough during operation that it contacts the seatbelt and distorts the sound. The first time I heard it I thought I had blown my speaker.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorrento
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the info! I don't have a third row, but mine fit behind the interior trim. It's currently mounted to the trim with no box behind it so it doesn't hit too hard, but I'm looking at options of building a box for the space here. Here's some pics of the sub mounted before I got the grill. I ordered the OEM grill piece from the dealer to fit here as well. I wish the dealers box wasn't $300, because that would be easiest of course, but I'll come up with something down the road. For now it adds a decent amount of bass even without the box and you can't even tell it's there. The last pic is how much extra space you get when removing the plastic sound dampening piece. Not sure what I can do with that space yet, but we shall see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts