Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone have a diagram of the motor. I need to replace the sparkplugs in my 03 sorento. In other area it states how to do it, but I'm not real sure about all the parts that were metioned. : :blush:

·
Registered
2008 VW Tiguan (sold my Sorento)
355 Posts
Good luck buddy, fortunately I own a diesel cos I hear it can literally take all day to change the plugs in a Sorento. From what I've seen on some of the forums don't even go there if you can avoid it, are you certain you need to change the plugs ?

Cheers

Derek

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
I don't have a diagram, but if you tell me what you're looking for I can tell you where to find it.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra5
76 Posts
That 3.5 V6 is gonna be an "all day sucker". the front(radiator) side of the engine those 3 are cake to replace, the rear 3 require removing the intake manifold to reach the 3 spark plug wires & plugs.

Your going to need an intake collector gasket and hopefully nothing else if your careful.
You dont actually have to remove it, just lift it up and over about 6 inches forward to clear the plugs............. Unless the gasket surfaces need rigorous cleaning.
Takes me about 2 -2 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Question, the original post was for an '03, my understanding is the '03 is a Mitsu engine. Has anybody done this on an '05 which i understand is a Kia engine. is there a difference in th design etc. or is it a Kia copy of the Mitsu engine.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento SX FWD Dark Cherry Red
273 Posts
Hey Doc,

Everything I have read says the 03 and the 05 have the exact same engine. I dont think the Kia/Hyundai engine will be in until the 07 model year. I could be wrong though...

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
All of the 3.5L Sorento engines are made by Mitsubishi. The '07 Sorento will have the same 3.8L Hyundai engine that the '06 Sedona has now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’ve got 2003 Technical Highlights manual that will probably give you a lot of information with you Sorento but you will have to pm with an e-mail address so I can send it to you since this forum doesn’t allow any thing over 5 megs to be download to it.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts