Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy !

2004 kia rio rx-v 1.6l. bought 200$. Timing belt broke , piston hitted in the valves... ( as always ) anyway replaced 8 valves , the 4 pistons and rings honed the cylinders and replaced h-g but now car wont start and i dont find the fucking problem. Car doesn't start , turns over fine , has 36psi fuel pressure ( if memory serves well ) , good compression. I have a spark problem , no spark while cranking ( spark tester adjusted to 25 kilovolts ) BUT when i let go of the key there ! there is that single beautiful big blue spark ( also tried same test with a regular spark plug ) Every time , no spark At All , then when i stop cranking BZITTTT , and i feel an Effort to start coming from the 3 other cylinders. Its not the first time i hear about this Exact same problem , im sure one of you Kia guy can help me map out my issue. I replaced the cam shaft positon sensor with no luck , had problems with my scanner battery , tomorrow i'll pull the codes and let yall know !! thanks you for taking time to read my problem have a great day !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
Howdy !

2004 kia rio rx-v 1.6l. bought 200$. Timing belt broke , piston hitted in the valves... ( as always ) anyway replaced 8 valves , the 4 pistons and rings honed the cylinders and replaced h-g but now car wont start and i dont find the fucking problem. Car doesn't start , turns over fine , has 36psi fuel pressure ( if memory serves well ) , good compression. I have a spark problem , no spark while cranking ( spark tester adjusted to 25 kilovolts ) BUT when i let go of the key there ! there is that single beautiful big blue spark ( also tried same test with a regular spark plug ) Every time , no spark At All , then when i stop cranking BZITTTT , and i feel an Effort to start coming from the 3 other cylinders. Its not the first time i hear about this Exact same problem , im sure one of you Kia guy can help me map out my issue. I replaced the cam shaft positon sensor with no luck , had problems with my scanner battery , tomorrow i'll pull the codes and let yall know !! thanks you for taking time to read my problem have a great day !!!!!!!!
Any codes? I wonder if the cams are out of time or if the wrong connector is plugged in.

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Did you get the camshaft that pick's up the sensor right? there is a little target that makes the sensor work some times it work's loose. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts