Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know what plugs yk get.. I am on rockauto and having a jar time for which to get I'm looking at platinum but they are pre gapped or ones that say do not gap, would it be ok of I got some that have a gap and I just readjust them to what they should be at 28 -32.... Also would it be wise to replace the plug wires to if I already had a misfire code because water got into the top part of the plug and plug wire

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,932 Posts
RockAuto is a great place for KIA parts!
Buy the NGK brand "standard" plugs...that are gap-able...
The plugs are cheap and unlike the V6's easily replaceable every 30k.
"high performance" means "wasted money" and MORE PROFIT for retailers on Sephias.
Pre-gap plugs are usually wrong out of the box...
Get some high voltage silicon gel to seal HV connections also.

If your wires are the original ones then YES replace them...if nothing else you will improve your chances when the wet weather comes around.

It would be better to put "Kansas" as your location as I took Columbus as OHIO and the weather is different in both locations... (Many "Columbus" locations also).

Dave

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Cool thanks a bunch looking at the standard ones that u are talking about pretty cheap to will get hell, so now on the wires woul I just go with single ones or get the set that had two on each...struts are being changed out Sunday finally got th in today do excited after work will be fun ... Thanks again

I will have to change it to north Dakota Columbus ... Thank u for the heads up

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,565 Posts
Get the set of wires. If you are going to do it right, replace them all.

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok going to do it right going with the set of wires and plugs going to order here in a min

Oh the weather here in ND is variable winter I will not be here but it's off on rain this week will be nice and dry though

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh another thin which air filter shoul I get for this sephia CIA I'm about to get I'm looking at k&n filters but do not know which model to get... I got the kfx cai for the 2001 sephia

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on
Plugs and wires ordered very excited,
My strut parts came In today now just have to wait for the actual parts the strut assembly haha
Now I'm ordering an intake on kfx performance and will us the filter they give me till I find something else that would make more sense to have,

This is exciting to get these parts on and keep many car in some what good condition
I'll take some pics of this car specially the side skirts that are just shot thanks to the Wisconsin salt eating it away, under the car is clean no issues from salt at all, after finish this will be selling it and getting a newer Kia because ya I trust Kia ten fold
Thanks guys and gals from this forilum for the help just took some time researching everything I could to not get the wrong parts
So fun

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK
So now im waiting for the plugs and wires along with struts should be here tomorrow

Now im really doing alot of research on getting a new engine for my car ...
im at 216,000 on it and its running really good considering i mean thats alot of miles...

Ill have to take a bunch of pics for you guys to see what kind of damage is on it...
nothing terrible actually just some salt damage thanks to the wisconsin winters...

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,117 Posts
nothing terrible actually just some salt damage thanks to the wisconsin winters...

Sephias are terrible for salt rust. They seem as thin as an aluminum can.

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look at this beautiful damage on the skirts :D
so amazing i love winters and salt its the best thing for a car

Im looking to selling this thing once i get the struts put in i put new plugs wires and coil packs on this, found that it actually loves having those new plugs ha
oh and no more misfires either...

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,117 Posts
My sephia did the same thing, and my dads. I see these things all the time with rocker rot. Its crazy. Almost everyone you see.

I just let mine to the scrapyard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts