Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I am having an issue with my Amanti, and I really hope someone here can help me. My Amanti starting stuttering, and had a major lag under acceleration, so I decided to change the plugs and wires out. Now the car runs better than it did when I purchased it a year ago. Seems like the rear 3 may still have been the original plugs. Thats besides the point though... lol. After I swapped the plugs/wires out... my check engine light popped on. It kicked back P0401 code... which is an EGR sensor issue. Now, I have never seen that code before, so it had something to do with what I did swapping the plugs. I tried the "Pinch" test, and the car never hesitated, stalled, or otherwise had a change in idle, so I am assuming the EGR valve isnt seeing power. When I finished the spark plug job, I had 4 left over bolts, and I cant figure out where they go at all! 2 short, 1" bolts, and 2 longer, maybe 3" bolts. I said to myself, these are important, and put them on the wiper cowl so I wouldnt confuse them. Then, they were still there at the end of the job, so I know i forgot something. Do those bolts sound familiar to anyone that has changed plugs and wires before? Like I said, 2 are shorter 1" bolts, and 2 where about 3" bolts... A little shorter than the throttle body bolts. If ANYONE that has changed plugs before, could help me out... that would be GREAT!

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still having this EGR issue... has anyone else done a spark plug job, and had EGR issues before? I cant seem to figure it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
have 08 amanti, but have not tried to change plugs yet. i am at 90 k km and was told the plugs are good for 160k km, (100k miles). the job is 3 to 4 hours since the rear plugs require intake manifold removal. BTW is there a gasket between the intake man and the mating surface ?would like to stay in touch with you about amanti stuff. tks amantifreak. also, some people have posted problems with battery changes and cd not working after. I will jump new battery with old so as to never let power away from radio system and save myself a headache.

·
Registered
6 Posts
where are the 3 front spark plugs? under the ignition coil? i am reading so much conflicting/mis information it is ridiculous.

everywhere i have read all say the 3 front plugs are the easiest to change, well where the heck are they. just another question thats gone ignored like all the other ones i posted.

most useless forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts