Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009/Kia Rondo /LX 2.4L
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 2009 Rondo LX 2.4L has been acting lately and sometimes not starting on the spot, it takes 4 to 5 tries with me pressing the gas pedal... I took it to a mechanic, he said that nothing is wrong even though my check engine light is on. Anyways i did use the thing to check why (check engine )is on and it gave me a code for the Intake valve. i checked the valve pulled than put it back on. the light went off then came back on. Does it mean that i have to replace the Valve? and should i change the plugs? My car has a 160.000 KM (Canada).

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,504 Posts
Pull one of of your s/plugs and check if they need to be replaced. In the USA you would have 100,000 miles plugs. That does not mean they WILL last that long. As far as your intake valve goes.... that is not the correct name, so really don't know what valve you mean?

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX V6
20 Posts
it takes 4 to 5 tries with me pressing the gas pedal.
You do know, your not supposed to do this right? It is a fuel injected vehicle, they don't like being told they're supposed to be at wide open throttle, before they even start.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Pressing the accelerator 4 or 5 times
You do know, you're not supposed to do this right? It is a fuel injected vehicle, they don't like [being at] wide open throttle, before they even start.
That could be part of the problem. Carbie engines needed either the choke or a good stab on the accelerator to start (accelerator fuel pump). Rather than use the choke, I used to crank the engine for a second or two, then hit the accelerator.

You shouldn't need to do this with fuel injection; maybe the throttle body needs cleaning?

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
P0075 is an invalid code. P0076 Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Low, is that what it is? If so, it is likely your oil control valve has died. This is common on the 2.4L engine, and I would not at all be surprised I've replaced the OCV on my Optima. It would not, however, cause a no-start condition. When starting, DO NOT touch the gas pedal. It will compensate automatically - it is an electronic throttle, there is no mechanical linkage, and you are confusing it. If it is hard to start/idle, the throttle body could need cleaning.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,806 Posts
at 160k km for sure spark plugs and wires should be done.
Begin with that and see how it goes.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Rondo has Coil-over-plug ignition - there are no wires. The plugs are due for replacement.

·
Registered
Current: 2007 Kia Rondo LX I4. Former: 2006 Kia Spectra5
226 Posts
Where is this oil control valve that you speak of? Sounds like something internal to the engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts