Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone. Can some1 help me out here.
Bought my Kia Picanto about 3 weeks ago. Just occurred to me have I got a spare tyre???

I have checked my boot there is a space for 1, but there isnt anything there!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Hey,

I doubt that your Pica would have come with a spare wheel, bizzare but true, none of cars seem to, unless we wangled one out of the salesman as a bonus. Instead the cars come with tyre inflation kits, which have a foam that is blasted into the tyre like a puncture repair kit.

Spare wheels cost around £90 and are full size and come with a jack, towing eye and wheel brace. Worth having

Mike/Chimp

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for your help. I just had a good look, and your right for some reason it doesnt have a spare.. oh well, guess I better save my pennys and buy 1..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I collected my spare wheel set for the Picanto this afternoon (ordered from the dealer yesterday morning). It is literally a kit. A large cardboard box containing a tyre, a box with the wheel in it and another box with the jack, wheel brace and all then other bits and pieces needed. It is a full sized steel wheel and fits neatly in the boot floor. Cost was £94.99 but it cost me another £5 at my local tyre depot to have the tyre fitted to the wheel and balanced. I must admit I did expect the tyre to come already on the wheel.

Once the wheel was fitted in the boot space the tray with the lid sat a bit high and wobbled so I cut the feet on the tray down by around 1 cm and it fits much better.

All in all it seemed good value at the price and I am happier knowing that in the event of a puncture I can replace the wheel and carry on driving at normal speeds.

Ian

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by MCI@Dec 24 2005, 12:51 AM
I collected my spare wheel set for the Picanto this afternoon (ordered from the dealer yesterday morning). It is literally a kit. A large cardboard box containing a tyre, a box with the wheel in it and another box with the jack, wheel brace and all then other bits and pieces needed. It is a full sized steel wheel and fits neatly in the boot floor. Cost was £94.99 but it cost me another £5 at my local tyre depot to have the tyre fitted to the wheel and balanced. I must admit I did expect the tyre to come already on the wheel.
:eek: Mine came all ready done, balanced and at the right pressure fitted into the boot.
Sucks that you had to pay extra to get yours.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Yes, mine was already done too, I would have told them to do it! cheap skates! Not fair you had to do it yourself.....

Mike

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Mine also came fitted and balanced, agree with the boot box thing so might get the tyre's pressure as I haven't changed it since I got it.

Kevin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts