Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio Sedan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought about buying a spare tire for the Rio. Will any Kia Rio spare tire work with these, or only the current 2012-2013 rio spare tire?

·
Registered
Kia Rio S 2012 (3-door hatchback)
41 Posts
I think any tire is fine as long as its profile/dimension is the same as the tire currently fitted to your Rio. Mine is 185/65 R15 (15-inch Kumho Solus).

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
Thought about buying a spare tire for the Rio. Will any Kia Rio spare tire work with these, or only the current 2012-2013 rio spare tire?
are you thinking full size or compact spare? Which model of Rio do you have?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I think any tire is fine as long as its profile/dimension is the same as the tire currently fitted to your Rio. Mine is 185/65 R15 (15-inch Kumho Solus).
It's more usual for the spare to be a "base" model size (i.e. steel) rather than the more expensive OEM alloy. Main point is the overall diameter rather than profile.

For example, my Mazda 2 had 205/55-15 on alloys plus a ridiculous temporary spare. I bought a 14" steel from the base model and fitted a 195/65-14 tyre, which is almost the same overall diameter.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
the back of the owners manual tells you the correct full size and compact spare tire to get for the vehicle.

·
Registered
2013 Rio Sedan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rio Sedan

I was thinking factory donuts. I did not know if the 2nd generation donut would fit on the 3rd generation. I did not know if the lug pattern was the same or not.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Rio Sedan

I was thinking factory donuts. I did not know if the 2nd generation donut would fit on the 3rd generation. I did not know if the lug pattern was the same or not.
RIOs that I've seen are 4-lug pattern. Highly unlikely that they've changed that for the new model.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
probably grab a spare donut at a wreckers for cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts