Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Kia Rio SX with no spare tire. Does anyone know the part number for the spare tire kit or where to purchase one online? Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
I have a 2012 Kia Rio SX with no spare tire. Does anyone know the part number for the spare tire kit or where to purchase one online? Thanks
I thought the SX comes with a spare. Mine did. Maybe it's the 2013's or maybe the Canadian ones only.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
I bought a brand-new spare (off an '06 Rio) for 50 bucks off Ebay, and the jack & lug wrench from O'Reilly's.

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
@blacksand01, I don't know where you're located. But if you're in Canada and you have a SX then you will have a tray under which the spare is. I thought I did not have one either. But after pealing the layers of trays in the cargo area, what do you know?, there was a spare indeed. Just a thought.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
Please fill out your location, vehicles are not equipped the same from Country to Country.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,818 Posts
There is no factory kit for the Rio out yet from Kia. USA that is.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio EX
34 Posts
Go to a local yard and bargain. Its the same stuff as the older Rios. I got my tire,wheel, and jack for ~$60. Kia wants ~$300 for all that stuff!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,818 Posts
Just got a new info from Kia, they are out now. Your looking at $100.00 for the kit which includes the: rim, jack, lug wrench, and foam carrier it all fits into. The tire is $95.00.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Canadian vs U.S. Rio SX

Canadian SX have the donut spare,Heated Steering Wheel,Automatic Climate Control,Rain Sensor Wipers & the availability of beige or tan( Chocolate) Leather instead of Black only.All these are not available in the U.S & we don't have to take Navigation( It's a separate option). But we pay a few more bucks for our cars.Australia gets a 5th REAL Mag Wheel & tyre.Who would want a flat in the Outback?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts