Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Sephia
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to install some nice speakers replacing the stock ones. I installed front speakers: 500W, rear speakers: 600W. Now I got 2 10" 800W and a 2 channel 1200W amplifier. The question is... How do I do to finalize this installation Do I need a capacitor? (most likely yes) how do I do it. Can anyone help how to hook up all this stuff (front, rear & subs). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're off to a good start with equipment but seems like your amplifier is only good for the 2 subwoofers. You may need another 4-channel amp for the front and rear speakers (which are pretty high-wattage by the way... 150-watt front and rear fill speakers are more than adequate). You'll also need a crossover to separate the signals; low pass signal to the subwoofer amp and high pass to the 4-channel amp to reproduce midrange and highs through your other speakers.

About the capacitor; finish your sound set-up first. Then play some music at night with the headlights on. If the headlights dim whenever your sound system booms, then that means you do need a capacitor. A one-farad cap will suffice for your system. It would be best if you could get a shop to wire things up for you or to get more advice from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts