Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Picanto SE which started to have a sound of water splashing around in the front of the car when I apply the brakes. Some weeks after starting this sound, I notice that the radiator fan started to turn on after very short trips (3 miles) even in cold days and this being the very first trip of the day after a cold night.

Doing some research on Google, I found other cars (not Picantos) with similar symptoms of water splashing sound and the problem was identified as more likely caused by air locked in the heat core. The recommended solution was to bleed the cooling system.

1. Have you ever noticed something similar in your Picanto?
2. Does anyone know what the correct procedure is to bleed the Picanto's cooling system?
3. Is it normal for the fan to turn on after a so short trip under cold weather? It's a shame Picanto doesn't have a temperature meter.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
did u check your radiator water level?
Check undercarriage for any potential leakage too...

I dunno if it's the right procedure to remove any 'air' trapped in the radiator, but i usually see my tech after filling the raditaor water level, he gives a few hard shakes to the car, and usually u see bubbles popping out, and the water level goes back down...then he tops it up again...shakes the car again, and when he thinks it's really full, he'll cap it back up.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You won't hear water splashing around inside a pressuiresed cooling system.
Check the bulkhead drains, although do check the coolant level, picanto's do have an issue with coolant use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts