Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sportage LX Preferred Package
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am using my phone connection to use the android auto Waze and Pandora app, the music level goes way down on the first Waze instruction. It then stays down for quite a while. I turn the sound way up to hear the music, then a short time later the music comes blasting back. Has anyone experienced this or know what the problem is?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,609 Posts
When I am using my phone connection to use the android auto Waze and Pandora app, the music level goes way down on the first Waze instruction. It then stays down for quite a while. I turn the sound way up to hear the music, then a short time later the music comes blasting back. Has anyone experienced this or know what the problem is?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
2017 Sportage
12 Posts
When another Android Auto app takes over the sound (navigation, in particular), the front speakers switch to that app, while the rear speakers continue playing music. This causes an apparent drop in volume :)

It sounds like the Waze app is continuing to play silence long after it has finished the announcement or instruction, so this is keeping the front speakers occupied. I don't have this problem using Google Maps for navigation, for what that's worth, so you may want to experiment using Google Maps instead of Waze to see if the behavior changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts