Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding my 2019 Sportage. I was working on a project in my garage the other day. My Sportage was parked there and all of a sudden, I hear a noise coming from the engin area. The sound was similar to a pump cycling for about 3 seconds. I've heard it a few times since but it's very irregular. The only aftermarket item I added to the vehicle is a remote car starter that was installed at the dealership. Any ideas what this could be?

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,095 Posts
I have a question regarding my 2019 Sportage. I was working on a project in my garage the other day. My Sportage was parked there and all of a sudden, I hear a noise coming from the engin area. The sound was similar to a pump cycling for about 3 seconds. I've heard it a few times since but it's very irregular. The only aftermarket item I added to the vehicle is a remote car starter that was installed at the dealership. Any ideas what this could be?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,433 Posts
The cooling fan may cycle, or your fuel purge canister solenoid may cycle.
I either event I would not be concerned.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,693 Posts
Don't know which model you have, but if you have the power folding mirrors, and the car is locked, they will engage as you walk past the car with your key fob in your pocket.

Reactions: Lou O.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.