Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2019
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Kia soul 2019 from a dealer a few thousand miles ago. I cannot figure out how to see when the oil change is due. Is there some way to see it in the maintenance menu or something?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX w/EX tech package
4,690 Posts
It should have been changed before you bought it. Call the service dept, have your vin# handy, and ask them.
That was easy...

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
If it's been 3K since last OCI, change the oil and filter yourself. If the new oil turns black within 1k, change it again. You want to see a relatively clear dipstick color for 1K - then amber color for another 1K. Use 5w30 and even 5w40 in warm spring, hot summer and warm fall, if yours is a turbo.

These four cylinder Korean engines need to be kept clean, for longetivity. The turbo engines espeically, for soot/carbon and gas dilution reasons. 2nd most importance is never letting the oil level on the dipstick fall below a half-quart low. These engines are sensitive to volume and go south quickly when low on oil. Check the dipstick every 500 miles and best to use full synthetic oil.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,753 Posts
I don't think we're answering the OP's question.

My two Ford's have this available - it doesn't give a specific number of miles to the next service, and relies on it being reset when a service is done.

With my driving the 2.7L twin turbo GDI gets oil changes at 5K miles at which time this indicator is typically showing 50%.

Do Kia's have this display available in the menu?

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2019
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It should have been changed before you bought it. Call the service dept, have your vin# handy, and ask them.
That was easy...
Hi,

I bought it through Avis rentacar. They said they don't believe they still have a record of it.

Does a light go on when it needs to be changed or no?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX w/EX tech package
4,690 Posts
Sorry I didn't read your question correctly. There is nothing that will tell you when to change your oil. If there is no window sticker. Then I would change it now, and every 5,000 miles there after.

Reactions: Gerard 2

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2019
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Once it is change, how do I reset the oil change tracker in the car itself to zero?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Thanks. Once it is change, how do I reset the oil change tracker in the car itself to zero?
Online Owners Manuals are available via Google Search, Alexa.....etc.

I use a piece of duct tape and black permanent marker, to display the odometer reading for the next oil change. You can put it inside the drivers door, under the handle latch assembly - inside door of the glove box or a clean flat surface under the hood. I no longer use the sticky glass clings that many oil change shops place on the top-left of the windshield. I still have 50-60 personalized ones from my car detail business years ago

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2019
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I'm just asking if there's some kind of internal tracking mechanism that you're supposed to reset

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona, 2011 Kia Soul
61 Posts
No I'm just asking if there's some kind of internal tracking mechanism that you're supposed to reset
Read reply # 6 - there is no internal mechanism to time changes. You'll have to do it old school.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts