Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem with my nav system. All other functions work on the radio unit work fine.

However when you try to enter the navigation function it wont let you past the "CAUTION" screen. All the buttons at the bottom of the screen are greyed out. It definitely seems to be a software problem. Something is the software is stuck.

I've tried everything. First thing everyone will say is "reset it" or "disconnect the battery cable". Already tried all of that.

The dealer tells me my only option is to replace it for $4000. My vehicle is out of warranty.

There seems to be a TSB that addresses it but I can't get details about it.

It is TSB ELE036 (SA124)

Can anyone help? Even send me the TSB info so I can read it myself?

·
Registered
04 X5, 06 Cayenne S, 11 Sorento V6
19 Posts
Do you have a phone synced to the system? If so, is it Android? That could be the issue. I find that when I'm using my Apple phone, everything is fine, but when I leave the phone in the office or in the house and I have my personal phone which is an Android phone, the Nav screen is stuck at caution screen for about a minute or two. Not sure why, it could be an Android thing.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
679 Posts
Whatever happens, I would say don't go for the 4k your dealer is advising. Ask them for options. A re manufactured unit is much much less. You may even be able to replace it yourself. If they don't have re manufactured units, I believe user cobra259 can get you one. Search for other threads about this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem here. Reset button did not work, didn't really "reset" anything but radio presets. Phones are still listed. NO Androids either. Disconnected battery cables, nothing. Sat, Radio, CD and Phones all work but nothing on the MAPS or NAVI work. Screen that reads "CAUTION" will not allow me to chose anything across the bottom. Car is now out of warranty for electronics according to dealer. Would love to have some more follow up on this, I miss the Navi option in my 2012 Kia Sorrento.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Voice recognition is not working either..

mezabx - do you have voice recognition in your Kia? Have you tried to use it since your GPS went out? I am having the same "HUNG UP ON CAUTION" screen issue and yesterday I noticed when I try to use the Voice Rec from the steering wheel the screen will display "initializing voice rec" then nothing... nor does it turn the radio/satellite sound off anymore.. must be connected!!!>!!>??

·
Registered
2012 kia sorento EX 2wd
2 Posts
MNSoft nav update

Alright,
I had the stupid nav update needed for my car to even utilize the gps system in my car. It would forever stay on the "caution do not use while driving" screen, except radio, SAT and phone worked. So, I paid the $149 for the software to download the new update. ISSUE now is I need my device ID to activate my purchased update to my flash drive... I cannot push the setup button to get my id number to get the update... anyone had a way to do it? Kia claimed they reset it when I took my car in for all those recalls, but I get home after all was said and done and its still not working... I'm out $160 after tax, plus a flash drive just for this stupid thing and I cant even use it.... WTF Kia! HELP!?
BTW I'm going on a road trip with my kids tomorrow or id be in the dealership getting it done... I have google maps/waze on my phone but It would be nice to have this done since I paid for it already!

2012 kia sorento EX. my id is not the same as the one I used for my Sirius, tried it. Not in my manuals, and is not found on any of the info channels on my system.

·
Registered
2012 kia sorento EX 2wd
2 Posts
mezabx - do you have voice recognition in your kia? Have you tried to use it since your gps went out? I am having the same "hung up on caution" screen issue and yesterday i noticed when i try to use the voice rec from the steering wheel the screen will display "initializing voice rec" then nothing... Nor does it turn the radio/satellite sound off anymore.. Must be connected!!!>!!>??
have you had any solutions to this? I now have this same problem and i bought the stupid update for $160 that i cant even download!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine crashed on the WEST SIDE OF CHICAGO next to the TRUCKING Yards while I was alone.
I was woken up to go get my 24yr bc HIS KIA DIED... My Cell was DEAD.
Nice MNS!!!
I was on chat with them today (over 2hrs) and their techs aren't the brightest lights on the street.
I had to EXPLAIN to them what THEIR installer Error meant.
It was coming from THEIR SERVER because they have CORRUPTED FILES.
(Didn't give me High confidence to download files from these fools)
I sat and waited for 20minutes only to have them come back an tell me I WAS CORRECT.
:-O
I am a Pen Tester. I KNEW I was correct.
I still do NOT have the corrupt file, I PAID $150 for

If this happened to my 16yr 6'7" TEENAGE SON or my 5 Daughters
We would be having a different conversation, Thankfully we are NOT.

I am Not Amused.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento sx
2 Posts
GPS screen frozen

Same thing....GPS opening screen frozen...bottom buttons unavailable (not illuminated)

90k miles

dealer did a re-boot....nothing

could it maybe be something simple like a bad ground ?...if so ...where is the ground ? can a consumer access it ?

·
Registered
Sorento 2012
169 Posts
Same thing....GPS opening screen frozen...bottom buttons unavailable (not illuminated)

90k miles

dealer did a re-boot....nothing

could it maybe be something simple like a bad ground ?...if so ...where is the ground ? can a consumer access it ?
No, others have a display message so the power circuit is complete. You can try here for repairs or replacement: https://www.cd4car.com/ or go with an aftermarket unit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts