Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, is it only me or our washers in the screws that bounds the front and back bumper is rusting?

Im pretty sure those are the washers, not the screws themselves.

What to do? Can i get it changed in the dealership? Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX Ebony Black
49 Posts
I noticed the same thing when I was at the car wash. I'm going to take them off and try to match them at a local hardware store with some aluminum or stainless steel washers. I don't want the rust to stain the bumper guard.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2013 SX with Nav
9 Posts
Mine are doing the same thing, I have an oil change today and am going to ask them to fix the problem.

I was shocked to see the rust.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do post an update of what happened at the dealership Karleen77 if they fixed it or not.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
***UPDATE***

Been to the dealership last tuesday and they fixed the rusting on my bumper by removing the washers on both and spraying some anti-rust on them. Haven't had time to wash the car but i bet it'll be ok now.

Alongside with the rust problem, i also had them fix the center console rattle. It's now quiet as a sleeping baby.

Now that my cabin is a quiet as ever, I'm starting to notice a sound like a spring creaking near the B pillar/back of passenger seat part. I wonder what is it now :(

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Now that my cabin is a quiet as ever, I'm starting to notice a sound like a spring creaking near the B pillar/back of passenger seat part. I wonder what is it now :(
I have this issue also. Seemed to start in the colder weather. It's not my rear suspension...I've stood on the bumper, jumped up and down and there is no sound. I have yet to track what it is, but it sounds like something rubbing on something forsure.

Definitely not the rear springs/suspension like I thought though.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have this issue also. Seemed to start in the colder weather. It's not my rear suspension...I've stood on the bumper, jumped up and down and there is no sound. I have yet to track what it is, but it sounds like something rubbing on something forsure.

Definitely not the rear springs/suspension like I thought though.
You got it right! But I noticed that whenever my wife is sitting in the second row right seat, i can't hear a thing.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX
13 Posts
The dealer cleaned the apparent rust-colored dirt that was around several of the bolts. They said it wasn't rust, but "dirt". They couldn't offer any ideas for future prevention or cleaning. Does anyone have any recommendations ?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dealer cleaned the apparent rust-colored dirt that was around several of the bolts. They said it wasn't rust, but "dirt". They couldn't offer any ideas for future prevention or cleaning. Does anyone have any recommendations ?
Well in you part, if it is just rust-colored dirt it washes off anyway, does it?
Because mine has really rust in them, washers and all, so i have to have Kia look at it. True enough they were rust and they told me they already treated it with some anti-rust spray of some sort.

No rusting ever since :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kia Sorento rusting bolts on rear bumper

I realize the previous posts are older, but I have a 2012 Sorento and had the same issue. I went to a Wisconsin dealer who replaced them, not once, but twice in 18 months. Their comment was "that shouldn't happen and it's due to the manufacture process of the bolt". Both replacements were covered under warranty. I recently moved to North Carolina and, guess what, they're rusting again. It is in the early stages right around the bolt head. I took it to a Kia dealer in NC and they did not see any rust. They had not seen this issue at all in the past and will not replace them. This is not so much a complaint against the latest service dept, but that Kia has this issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts