Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Sedona, 2007 Sorento
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has put a snowplow on their sorento. I know some of the companies that make snowplows have a hitch for a chevy s-10 blazers. I know the sorento front end can hold more weight than the blazer, so it could be possible. Also their is a plow out there that hooks up to a front 2" receiver hitch. Does anyone know of a company that makes a front hitch for an 07 sorento. From what I can see they make a front hitch for a hyundai Santa Fe and they are unibody, why not a sorento that has a full frame? Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
I have seen a front hitch for a sorento. A little cutting to the bumper was required.
I think i came past it by accident on a Russian web site. (different language at least if not Russian) It took a sht load of googleing around to find it, as i was trying to judge reliability of the sorento before i bought one.

So there is one, but i dont have a link for it.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
I was only able to locate a hitch mounted one (designed for the rear).
What I did find is that the air bag sensor is an issue with having a front mount plow (says the person at the local 4x4 outfitter). Although I don't personally see why it would make a difference, with other pickup trucks equipped in a similar fashion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
06 Sorento Rear Plow

Here's my 06 Sorento with my Plow. I live in Northern Michigan's Snow Belt. We Usually see near 190"-220" of snow per year. I got this plow in 2005 and have cleared my yard with my KIA since new in 06. It attached to my receiver and goes on and off in a snap. It's all hydraulic lift and angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Here's my 06 Sorento with my Plow. I live in Northern Michigan's Snow Belt. We Usually see near 190"-220" of snow per year. I got this plow in 2005 and have cleared my yard with my KIA since new in 06. It attached to my receiver and goes on and off in a snap. It's all hydraulic lift and angle.
How far are you from Manistee?

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,878 Posts
Does anyone know of a company that makes a front hitch for an 07 sorento.
I do, and I have one - but that's not much help to you in Wi :rolleyes: Anyway, I don't think I would want to put a plough on it in any case. (fits without any bodywork mods to the front tow eyes and chassis above the eyes.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts