Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Iam from the UK and have a 2005, Kia Sorento 3.5 V6 4WD and have read a lot of differnt post due to my sorento developing a sort of double shift problem when changing up the gears and followed the post with a full ATF fluid change and have on order a new TPS sensor which most post had advised that may be the problem but failing the fluid/filter change and the TPS change it was the AT on its was out.
However the other night i was working on something else and happened to have my hand down the back of the air filter box and when i went to take my hand out pulled with it a thick earth wire which had corroded over time and was not earthed.
Car started all this time and drove normally apart from the gear change problem.
Anyway i cut the wire back and re-earthed and surprise surprise no more AT problems.
The earth wire must have something to do with the ECU or Throttle body/tps sensor and it also sorted out my not so smooth and accurate rev counter and speedo problem.
Just wanted to share that with anyone scratching their heads thats its maybe worth a look before an expensive AT strip down at a garage.

Thanks

Barry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello all,

i have a problem - i have a 2005 Sorento 3.5 V6 with the automatic/manual change option which gave me some up change problems all the time.
now i changed the tran fluid and all seemed to be better.
But i have now notices the rev counter doesnt seem to register correctly and neither does the speed when on the move.
Also when you brake i have seen the revs dip right down to 1000 say then back up to the 1500 the engine is maybe actually at.
to add to this the rev counter is not smooth when going up or down the speed in time with going faster or slower.
the bad change up the gears still happens but not as much.
It all sound too related to me like a bad earth somewhere or something - any suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to add to the above post as i made an error - " to add to this the speedo isnt smooth when doing speed and isnt consistant with the car speed" on way up or when breaking and slowing down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.