Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess there aren't many Sorento owners in So Cal even though the vehicle is awesome. Maybe it's because real estate there is so high that many can't afford a new ride. I'm just now seeing more Sorento's here in Texas although still very few. However you see Hummers out the wazoo. What's up with that? What a truly over-rated vehicle that is. I'll take my Sorento for overall use anyday.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Same here. I see quite a few Sorentos when I am traveling to and from work (60 Miles round trip) but I am the only one on this site from Vermont with a Sorento.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here in the UK Sorentos are multiplying like rabbits. It seems that Sorento owners are spreading their enthusiasm by word of mouth because Kia hasn't done much of a sales drive for these cars. What is it like in other countries?

·
Registered
23 Posts
In South Africa, specifically Johannesburg where i live, there are many KIA's but not that many Sorento's. I think people here are still a bit dubious of KIA as it is part and parcel of Hyundai and Hyundai is trying to rebuild their image here after a big scandal a few years ago. I'm hoping to buy my Sorento soon. As a matter of interest, a 2.5 CRDi costs the equivalent of US$50000.00 here in SA! Crazy! :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations,
I own my first Kia Sorento EX with 2800 KLM, and just love to drive it, and can't wait to take it off road. Will be taking my first long drive this weekend.

Going from Montral to Kincardine Ont. on Lake Huron.

Best of luk and enjoy your Kia.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
I can't believe it either Project03 South Cali should is Vehicle central...it's like me I must see five to ten sorie's a day just in the city but most are stock and well to be honest up in age people (No offense to those out there) but here in the Maritimes...the older folks don't dress up there vehicles like that and if they have money the drive the hummer's and BMW SUV's to show off :mellow:, I even try to wave to show them some respect to a fellow sorie owner and it's like their on a different planet. I'm even thinking of putting a badge to this forum on my rear window to get more people involved in my area...probably blind to the internet:D hope you find some to group with and if so take lots of pics..

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
19 Posts
:thumbsup: San Diego California here boys and girls!

North county in the house...and if I can get things in gear, I will have one of the few LIFTED Sorie's around here (if not the only!) :lol:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
19 Posts
I am folowing in the footsteps of the great Phoenixrider (I am a fan of what he has done with the Sorie).
I have the Old man emu coils and shocks. I am saving to get 32 inch BF Goodrich Mudterrain's. Should have about 11 inches of ground clearence when I am done. I think the lift works out to almost 2 inches. I guess the ride quality is s'pose to be insanely batter too! :thumbsup:

That was a big part of my following everyone to this forum. His post on the "other" forum describing the work he had done was deleted. :mad2:

Please be patient with me as I save up $$ for my tires, and I promise you guys a major load of pictures during the install, before, after, etc.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Cant wait to see the pics someday! That is going to look awesome!
Nice to see a good size group in So Cal. And there is me.......the only Sorento owner from this site from Vermont. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
:banana: I'm from southern California, high desert, just off of Route 66. Between Barstow and Victorville. Love my Sorento :trophy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts