Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering on the sorento ex 4x2. Because this car is not 4x4, there is a knob on the left side by the dim light knob that said "snow". When you switch it to snow, in the dash board "snow" is lid up.

Does this really work on snow or just a knob to look cool?
Also, are all sorento RWD? I thought that it was FWD and AWD only.

Any comments will be appreciated.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I can answer part if this for you. The Sorento is RWD. Sounds like the "snow" knob you are talking about is where the 4WD knob is when the vehcile is equipt with 4WD. Not quite what that knob does for you though. It should say something about it in your manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just talked to a salesman at kia and he say that 4x2 serento has this button instead of a 4x4 button because it is a 4x2 suv. When you enable the snow mode when the truck slips then the transmission will send a signal to both rear wheel and they will work together to balance icy condition on the road.

To be honest I really don't know if this will help much compare to a 4x4 suv. If you have the money just do the 4x4.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My manuel says the snow nob makes it where the transmission starts out in second gear and skips first altogether while engaged. Less torgue to avoid the rear end sliding out when starting to move.

·
Registered
23 Posts
On my Isuzu 4x2 I have a button to engage diff-lock. This prevents the rear axles from spinning and acting independantly. In some instances this is as good as 4x4. I think this may be what your snow button does?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts