Kia Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts
As far as #5 goes, I saw on our forum how to start the car remotely without the extra remote starter (but I can't find it quickly). I tried it but never use it myself. The new Sorento they found for me already had it so they threw it in free.
Try this 16 second you tube video I found. That should do the trick. Remember it and leave your separate remote home.

1. My Sorento is equipped with remote start. However it bothers me that the remote start requires a 2nd fob on my keychain. Just makes my keychain even more bulky.....
I put the OEM remote start in my 2020 SX. According to my Remote Manual:
For OE REMOTE
1. Tap Lock button and tap Lift Gate or Horn button shortly within three(3) seconds. Engine start is not available for five seconds after doors open.
2. To stop the engine, tap Lift Gate or Horn button shortly for a 1/2 second

I've not yet tried the Horn button, but it does work with the Lift Gate button.

I presume that the remote start capability you speak of isn't the same as the UVO remote start. I can use the remote start on my phone with the UVO app, but the trick with the key fob doesn't do it.

I presume that the remote start capability you speak of isn't the same as the UVO remote start. I can use the remote start on my phone with the UVO app, but the trick with the key fob doesn't do it.
No, I added on the C6F57-ACH01 remote start package. I didn't like the time lag of the UVO remote start and didn't want the annual subscription fee. BYW, I'm in PA also, just outside of Philly.

Yep, I suspect after my year is up, I'll skip paying their inflated monthly fee for the service. I could swallow it for $10-12, but double that is too much for the limited times I'd actually use most of the features. I've gotten around for a lot of years and cars without the capability, I think I can make it a few more years with this one. :confused:

We got 5 years for free here in Canada, but I believe it used to be 1 year for the UVO app service. Log into the website and see if your account shows the extended free period.

We get 5 years free, but it's only the basic service, not the much more useful one that has all the features that make it worthwhile.

We get 5 years free, but it's only the basic service, not the much more useful one that has all the features that make it worthwhile.
In 2017 when ours was new UVO didn't really mean anything other than a dial emergency services app. Hyundai got the bluelink that year which is their version of the later UVO. I wish Kia had it back then but now seeing what it costs I don't think we would pay that much for it. The trendy new stuff usually comes out on the Hundai versions a year before Kia gets it.

I would like remote start as it would be nice to start the car and get it cooling down like when we go grocery shopping. Here you can't go without having a cooler to put the cold stuff it to get it home without it melting... But there are aftermarket units that can do that and IMO the factory remote start is just their version of an aftermarket one.

....... IMO the factory remote start is just their version of an aftermarket one.
The reasons I went with the OEM version is that it's strictly Plug-N-Play and won't affect the factory warranty. I used to work at a dealership and see how aftermarket electrical accessories are viewed by the manufacturers.

Unfortunate. We got the remote start, lock, locate, monthly reports, etc. Only complaint really is the speed of the phone app.

Reactions: Ricksza
We got the full package for a year, then you are expected to pay for it to keep the full service. I can't justify a couple hundred dollars a year, so I'll just use it until my year runs out. Sad to say, IMO it's overpriced for the service. The most useful package is the Plus at $225/yr. At half that I'd bite, but not for that price.

The reasons I went with the OEM version is that it's strictly Plug-N-Play and won't affect the factory warranty. I used to work at a dealership and see how aftermarket electrical accessories are viewed by the manufacturers.
Yeah I know I used to be a tech... Course it was allot worse on 80s and 90s cars since everything was a cut and splice or tap. Now there are plugs built into the harnesses for this stuff to just plug in so even the aftermarket stuff goes in easy today.

Reactions: Ricksza
Just curious, why would you want do disable that part of cruise but still use the cruise. IMO, that's a great feature. I use cruise a lot on the highway, not having to constantly reengage it after every slowdown is a great convenience.

As for the complexity of turning it off, it doesn't sound that hard to me. From the Kia Advanced Driving Assistance Systems booklet, Page 18.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.