Kia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento Ex
160 Posts
Setting the cruise control to the standard cruise control (not smart cruise control) is difficult and sometimes doesn't work.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
20 Posts
Just thought about this since we noticed it recently but it doesn't ding if the passenger doesn't have a seatbelt on. Also, the low tire pressure doesn't show if the tire is flat. Had a nail and no light than a flat and no light

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L V6 AWD
29 Posts
I've read all 63 posts here and haven't seen this mentioned, so I guess I'm the only one bothered by this. The silver plastic above the air vents on the ends of the dashboard create a glare on the side windows when checking the mirrors. It's particularly bad on the passenger side, I guess due to the angle. A lot of times I'll glance over at that mirror and have to do a double take to see if there's another car there. I'm tempted to put a piece of black electrical tape over the silver trim.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX 2.4 FWD; 2009 Borrego LX V6 RWD
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I've read all 63 posts here and haven't seen this mentioned, so I guess I'm the only one bothered by this. The silver plastic above the air vents on the ends of the dashboard create a glare on the side windows when checking the mirrors. It's particularly bad on the passenger side, I guess due to the angle. A lot of times I'll glance over at that mirror and have to do a double take to see if there's another car there. I'm tempted to put a piece of black electrical tape over the silver trim.
Yeah that glare became really noticeable when I first tinted the windows. Now somewhat used to it and don't notice it much.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L V6 AWD
29 Posts
Hmmm, good point. I had the windows tinted the day after I got the car so my only experience without tinting is driving it home from the stealership. Didn't consider that that might be a contributing factor.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
404 Posts
The beeping noise when backing up when you get too close to something. It is the worst if you are towing a trailer because it always goes off when you are in reverse. You can turn it off by pressing the button on the center console... but here is the annoying part.... it keeps coming back on every time you go back into reverse, when can be a few times if you are trying to back a trailer up a long driveway. How is there no way to turn it off permanently, or at least until the engine stops?

·
Registered
2017 Sorento
72 Posts
Use the non-data socket inside the center console and see if that doesn't help you.
The non data socket works much better but then I don't have android auto running etc... The data socket just doesn't put out enough power.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento
72 Posts
The beeping noise when backing up when you get too close to something. It is the worst if you are towing a trailer because it always goes off when you are in reverse. You can turn it off by pressing the button on the center console... but here is the annoying part.... it keeps coming back on every time you go back into reverse, when can be a few times if you are trying to back a trailer up a long driveway. How is there no way to turn it off permanently, or at least until the engine stops?
On my EX I only have to push it once and it is off. I can't remember if it resets after each ignition cycle though.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento
72 Posts
Another annoyance is the electric parking brake....

If you use auto hold the parking brake will automatically set when you put it into park. That't fine but when you start the car up next time the parking brake often doesn't disengage if you don't let it sit in reverse long enough and there is no way to manually disengage the parking brake. You would think the button could engage and disengage the brake but it doesn't do both.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,646 Posts
The non data socket works much better but then I don't have android auto running etc... The data socket just doesn't put out enough power.
Unfortunately, that's how the majority of USB host sockets operate, whether in vehicle or on a PC ... 500mA max current, which isn't a whole lot to work with.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage SX AWD
108 Posts
How do you even do that? I haven't been able to figure out how to disable the "following distance" feature...
Not sure if it is the same, but on my Sportage you hold the button (that changes the following distance) down until the dash says 'standard cruise' or words to that effect.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
404 Posts
On my EX I only have to push it once and it is off. I can't remember if it resets after each ignition cycle though.
You are so lucky! They must have changed it on the 2020, not sure who comes up with these "upgrade" ideas....

·
Registered
53 Posts
one more gripe I have is with the left / right turn indicator sound. Depending on the state of mind and the person, if he/she is highly sensitive to any peculiar sound have commented about the indicator sound on my ex 2019 . In my opinion, it should have been softer and smoother than the one they have, the existing one is kinda harsh.

I think the person who was in charge of designing must have been the 60s and 70s action film fan wherein the movie, a time bomb is ticking and in the movie theater there is only one soundtrack heard which was Tik Tok, Tik Tok, Tik Tok, Tik Tok, tik Tok :D

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL AWD
199 Posts
one more gripe I have is with the left / right turn indicator sound. Depending on the state of mind and the person, if he/she is highly sensitive to any peculiar sound have commented about the indicator sound on my ex 2019 . In my opinion, it should have been softer and smoother than the one they have, the existing one is kinda harsh.
After the first week we didn't even notice the sound even with music playing (not very loud).
As i've written before, if that's the worst thing you can find about this car, then you should consider how great it really is !!

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL AWD
199 Posts
For me it seems the knee room as the driver isn't ideal....especially the right knee.
That is the reason I didn't even test drive the Highlander. It is too tight for me by the legs and the console by the accelerator pedal. I sat in it in the showroom and that was enough. I'm only 6'2" 175lbs.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX V6
898 Posts
I put black Gorilla tape over the silver parts. Second Sorento I had to do this. The glare is awful at certain times of the day

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX V6
898 Posts
They changed that on the 2019. I can now run AA and charge the phone (Note 4). On the 2016 I could not, the phone would discharge

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
217 Posts
They changed that on the 2019. I can now run AA and charge the phone (Note 4). On the 2016 I could not, the phone would discharge
Yeah on my 2020 I can run AA and charge my phone no problem on the data port. Pixel 4XL.

Reactions: scosgt

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2019 Kia Forte Launch Edition
2 Posts
I’m a huge fan of the Sorento. I bought a brand new 2017 LX with technology package (electronic parking break w/ auto hold, larger screen, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, etc.) but sadly traded it in about a year and half ago for a Subaru Outback. Last week I found a fantastic deal on a brand new 2020 Sorento EX AWD in Passion Red for $8,000 off the $40,000 MSRP. Plus the dealership offered to basically pay off my Outback’s loan and since I wasn’t loving the Outback and was regretting trading in my old Sorento I jumped at the opportunity.

After driving my new Sorento for a week or so I’ve been reminded of a few things that have always irked me about the Sorento...

1. While I love the Auto Hold feature that comes with the electronic parking brake it has always bothered me that I have to turn it on every time I start the vehicle. I also noticed that the Auto Hold feature in my 2020 Sorento doesn’t work in reverse like it did on my 2017 Sorento. Why?
  2. It drives me nuts that the car warns me to be careful and that icy roads are possible when the temp drops below 39 degrees. Living in Minnesota for the majority of my life I’m pretty confident in my driving during inclement weather. I don’t need the reminder from my vehicle.
  3. The vehicles smart key drives me mad. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve set off my car alarm in the last week. My poor neighbors like to sit on their front porch and smoke and I’ve scared the daylights out of them so many times now.
  4. The fact that my rear view mirror isn’t an automatic dimming mirror. I know I can get one as an accessory from the Kia dealership but cmon...with an MSRP of $40,000 I can’t believe I have to flick the little switch on the mirror every night to dim it.
  5. My Sorento is equipped with remote start. However it bothers me that the remote start requires a 2nd fob on my keychain. Just makes my keychain even more bulky...

In the last 10 years I’ve owned 2 Honda’s, 2 Volvos, 1 Nissan, 1 Subaru, and now 3 Kia’s (currently have a 2019 Kia Forte Launch Edition & a 2020 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD). By far the Kia’s have turned out to be my favorite. So while the above things irk me I would still choose my Kia’s over all the other brands I’ve owned.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts