Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LX, 3.3l v6
63 Posts
The freeze warning light comes on at 39 degrees F and also chimes when it comes on. No way to disable it. Yet when the low fuel warning light comes on there is just a light and no chime.
YES. This annoys me more than anything else about my Sorento. Especially in the late fall when it is warmer earlier in the day, then drops - it always scares the piss out of me the first few times it happens during the year. o_O

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
31 Posts
The awful panic button activating in my pocket is enough for me to never buy another Kia unless they fix it. The dealer was no help.
Yeah, that one bugged me, too. I tried to disassemble the remote to do a fix, but after watching one Youtube video on that I backed off-that's its own nightmare. I settled on a tube of superglue, liberally applied all around the panic button. I reasoned that in all the years I've owned a car I've never needed it, so it's gone.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 3.3L
75 Posts
Yeah, that one bugged me, too. I tried to disassemble the remote to do a fix, but after watching one Youtube video on that I backed off-that's its own nightmare. I settled on a tube of superglue, liberally applied all around the panic button. I reasoned that in all the years I've owned a car I've never needed it, so it's gone.
Interesting. I haven't had mine go off before, in the pocket or otherwise. How many keys are attached and do you keep a lot of stuff in your pockets?

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL AWD
199 Posts
Again, if those are the worst things we can think of to irritate us, we have ourselves one darn good vehicle !!
I only had the panic button go off once, and thought somebody else was not responding to their car alarm. Absolutely no problems since Summer 2018 when I got my 2019 SXL

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
382 Posts
No problem for me, but the fob is too darn big. I wear it on a belt hook.

·
Registered
53 Posts
YES. This annoys me more than anything else about my Sorento. Especially in the late fall when it is warmer earlier in the day, then drops - it always scares the piss out of me the first few times it happens during the year. o_O

Yup I agree, I hear this 3 times a day for at least 6 to 7 months, and every time it chimes I get a mild heart attack. Kia should have given the setting to disable this freaking thing.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
31 Posts
Interesting. I haven't had mine go off before, in the pocket or otherwise. How many keys are attached and do you keep a lot of stuff in your pockets?
I have only one key attached to my fob, and nothing else in my pocket. Last time it happened I was washing the car and leaned down to clean the front bumper, so my ear was right near the horn. It's likely that the shape of our house key makes it more prone to happening; it also happened when I leaned up against our other car. I think within the first two weeks of ownership it happened a half dozen times.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No warning light for the low windshield washer fluid, as per Kia dealer it is not standard in most of the trims :oops:
just to update on my above comment. That was based on the wrong info given to me by this particular dealer. I was doubtful hence during my recent oil change I went to another dealer and he confirmed that all the models hv low windshield washer fluid warning and in mine, it is working fine too it is just that instead of warning light, it shows message during the car start which is easy to miss. Sorry, abt the earlier wrong info.

·
Registered
Sorento Platinum 2017
30 Posts
I have a 2017 top spec Platinum Sorento, here in Australia. It comes with the 7inch head unit. It doesn't have nor are we able to retro fit Apple Car play but honestly that's not my issue. MY issue is that when I plug my i-phone XR in via the genuine Apple lightning cable, probably 8 times out of ten the head unit doesn't recognise the phone and it only plays music via blue tooth. This annoys me because it then doesn't display as much music information (album cover, time to go of the track playing) and it also doesn't allow as much functionality over the tracks being played or choice of what I want to play.
Has anyone else come across this problem and do you have a solution?

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6 6AT, Civic 2006 LX AT
594 Posts
i recall a thread / discussion on this site when the 2017s first came out - 2016s head rests allowed both up/down as well as forward/back movements and it appeared counterproductive that the 2017s lost the forward/back movement. At the time some posters were looking for replacement 2016 headrests to address this issue.

The headrests on the seats sit too far forward. They are not adjustable.

Preset stations are navigated in opposite directions by the steering wheel up/down buttons, depending on the screen you're on.

These... ugh

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
20 Posts
One more thing I don't like is how my Sorento S doesn't have the S badge but the telluride S does and even the optima S does. Why did they skip the sorento. I want to buy the S badge so the car looks legit

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SXL
1 Posts
The two things that irritate me about my 2019 SXL are the steering and the brakes. The steering feels “sticky” when loaded up in longer turns such as highway on/off ramps and the brakes just feel a bit soft and inadequate. Otherwise we are very happy with it.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento
72 Posts
The touch screen is too far away from the driver. I always have to lean forward to be able to reach it. The car is designed for short people...

When the washer fluid is low it puts a huge orange washer low alert on the dash and covers everything else up and you can't switch away from it.

Extremely soft rear springs and not enough rebound dampening of the rear struts.

The auto opening rear hatch sometimes works when you stand there. Other times it will just keep beeping and never open.

The front seats are too high and the lower cushion of the seat isn't long enough to support your legs very well. ( common issue on all imports)

Very grainy picture from rear view camera at night. Also no way to manually turn on the rear camera while in drive. Very handy feature when pulling a trailer.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
58 Posts
No low oil notification. Mine has been 2L low, and nothing. No light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
658 Posts
No low oil notification. Mine has been 2L low, and nothing. No light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a low oil pressure warning light but by the time it illuminates, it's likely too late. I'm not familiar with too many cars that actually have a low oil level warning although it makes sense but I suspect the algorithm to measure it would be somewhat complicated since you have to allow for circulation, parking on inclines, hard cornering, etc.. Would probably involved a variety of samplings over a period of time and running, not running before it would trip the light. Still, seems that it would benefit the manufacturers who provide the warranties as much as the owners.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento
72 Posts
Oh and the one that annoys me every time I drive is the USB connection. It doesn't put out enough power to charge the phone. I will start out with a fully charged phone and the car continually uses my phone battery to power itself.... It puts out less than half an amp which is pathetic.

Is there a power injector to put more power into the line so my phone will actually charge instead of discharge while using maps etc...

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
58 Posts
Oh and the one that annoys me every time I drive is the USB connection. It doesn't put out enough power to charge the phone. I will start out with a fully charged phone and the car continually uses my phone battery to power itself.... It puts out less than half an amp which is pathetic.

Is there a power injector to put more power into the line so my phone will actually charge instead of discharge while using maps etc...
At least that is only a $5 fix. A 12v, 2.4A plug in USB adapter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
217 Posts

Interesting. I have a Pixel 4XL and I plug it into the USB drive to connect to Android Auto, and my phone will charge. I don't use the wireless charging.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,646 Posts

Use the non-data socket inside the center console and see if that doesn't help you.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts