Kia Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
16 Posts
Couple of things i dont like about my kia is the way the seats hugs me. Im a fluffy guy so this bothers me. I also dont like the fact that the leds on the headlights only come on when you turn them on and are not DRLs. Also hate the way you turn the wipers on and off. In my my sonic, when you click it down once it just does the wipers once, click it up once thats where they stay on so the kia is opposite. Also hate that i cant add foglights the OEM way instead of adding a dumb switch on the dash. And how the radio starts on the start screen instead of the radio screen where i can change the channel

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,136 Posts
Drives me nuts that I have to have a special secret decoder ring from the cereal box to get the AC system to quit taking control due to an overly aggressive humidity management algorithm. Further, the secret decoder ring in the 2016 owner's manual gives the wrong information. Took a local dealer tech to show me how to actually get and retain control over the system.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
16 Posts
One last thing, I don't like the fact that my Sorento is an S model but is technically a LX with a v6 and black wheels. There's not even an S badge

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX 2.4 FWD; 2009 Borrego LX V6 RWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Drives me nuts that I have to have a special secret decoder ring from the cereal box to get the AC system to quit taking control due to an overly aggressive humidity management algorithm. Further, the secret decoder ring in the 2016 owner's manual gives the wrong information. Took a local dealer tech to show me how to actually get and retain control over the system.
What is this decoder ring you speak of?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,136 Posts
@chuckwalla

vs
and

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
453 Posts
Other than being on our third windshield in 18 months, there is really nothing about the vehicle that irritates me although in fairness, it's my wife's car and so I don't drive it all that often. Even doing a thirty day, 5,000 mile tour in it didn't turn up any issues. But, we also have the LX without the frills and do dads of higher trim levels. Hard to be irritated by an overly sensitive blind spot warning system when you don't have one :)

·
Registered
SORENTO EX, 2014
32 Posts
Occasionally I will hit the volume up button 2 or 3 times in quick succession, only to have activated the Voice Command - they are on opposite sides of the steering wheel. "uhhh - Cancel!"

21 - 29 of 29 Posts