Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX 2.4 FWD; 2009 Borrego LX V6 RWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What things about the Sorento do you find quirky or annoying?
A few of mine are:
  • Preset stations are navigated in opposite directions by the steering wheel up/down buttons, depending on the screen you're on.
  • Infotainment always defaults to the home screen when you start the car.
  • When you start the car, on the very first turn of the right scroll wheel on the steering, the dash menu screen doesn't respond to the first click. It requires two clicks to move one line.
  • The fan speed always goes to the lowest setting if you turn on the climate system by pushing one of the fan speed buttons.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXL
131 Posts
agree with all of these. i think the first click on the wheel gets you no response because there is feature that you do not have, which is the response to the first scroll of the wheel. maybe stuff like tire pressure display etc. I have SXL BUT i do not have the tire pressure option, I assumed that's why first scroll of the wheel produced nothing.

another thing that's annoying is how kia calculates your fuel consumption. it's actually wrong on the dash. actual fuel consumption is about 10-15% higher than what the dashboard says.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L GDI V6 - FWD (Sparkling Silver)
163 Posts
For me, what's annoying the most about it is the absence of Daytime running lights DRLs on the base LX V6 (2019), you'd think they would put these gorgeous LED strips to good use, but no.. $32k sticker does not buy you this luxury, and they'll make sure you know it real quick, especially when a higher trim sorento pulls up next to you!

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
334 Posts
Managing the stored radio stations is frustrating, I seem to wind up with lots of dupes.
Hitting 'confirm' to whatever that safety message is on every start is a pain.
AND limit of two fobs ! that's nuts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As for quirks I like the fact that the rear view mirror tilts down when you hit reverse. Also love the fact that removing the head unit is so easy. Also like the sounds of the pop up headlights washer when they come out.

As for annoying things, I hate that when you open the roof, it turns off the air recirculation, and if you put it on, it takes if off like every 5 minutes.
Also don't like how Kia wasted the usage of the 7" screen in the dash, it literally does nothing. Also don't like that the leather seats, are mainly vinil.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Sorento SXL V6 AWD
33 Posts
  • When you start the car, on the very first turn of the right scroll wheel on the steering, the dash menu screen doesn't respond to the first click. It requires two clicks to move one line.
I'm glad to have this confirmed; I've adjusted to it, but it's a bit odd. I don't think it's a missing feature, or it would happen every time, not just once after starting up.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX 2.4 FWD; 2009 Borrego LX V6 RWD
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm glad to have this confirmed; I've adjusted to it, but it's a bit odd. I don't think it's a missing feature, or it would happen every time, not just once after starting up.
Yeah, it's a firmware bug where it doesn't wake up properly from sleep. I've seen it happen during the same drive cycle on a road trip after a long period of inactivity.

The volume scroll wheel also has an issue where sometimes if you scroll up then down repeatedly, the down click doesn't register and the volume just keeps climbing.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 3.3L
38 Posts
The headrests on the seats sit too far forward. They are not adjustable.

Preset stations are navigated in opposite directions by the steering wheel up/down buttons, depending on the screen you're on.

These... ugh

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
334 Posts
Don't know if this is a Sorento thing or not: Android Auto, say a command to text or dial someone, she says "ok, let me get a little more information to handle that" then hangs up.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,136 Posts
It's unable to find your contact list, from the sound of it. Had that same problem when I first started to use that feature, but can't remember what I had to do on the phone to resolve it. Think it was an Android permissions issue for Android Auto.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL
125 Posts
The rear window wiper motor is too loud. Very noticeable in the dead quiet SXL

The door handles don’t have sensors for your hand to open the locks, like most other makes. That button can freeze in the winter requiring the fob.

First world problems :). I love this car overall.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
10 Posts
The graphic on the wiper arm for intermittent operation- in our Toyota the intervals are longer when set to the longer bars, shorter for the short bars, it makes sense. The Kia is opposite, short bar equals longer interval.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,136 Posts
Or in this case, shorter bar = less wiping. You can make a good case for going either way if you don't have history with an existing design.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX 2.4L AWD W/Convenience Package
10 Posts
For me it seems the knee room as the driver isn't ideal....especially the right knee.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts