Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I bought a 09 Kia sorento from a well know garage in January which was supposed to have a full 12 mth mot on. Wen I collected the car the mot cerft wasn't there and I was told I would receive it in the post. It never came after three months of chasing the said there was a problem and the mot would run out in July and if I wanted I could take the car In for the full mot and when it was there they needed to carry out a service action which was not completed either.

I took the car to the garage today and got the mot done, they phoned to say the front prop shaft was froze and I would need to purchase another at the cost of £800. I explained that e car should have had a mot when I bought it and if it had this would have been noticed and their fore should have been fixed before I got the car, they then said they spoke to Kia direct and they have agreed to pay £550 of the bill so I would still have to pay £250 to get it fixed. They said I could have made it freeze since ive had the car

My questions are

1) I want to know if I have been driving round with no mot as there must be a reason why there being untruthful and sheepish about why the car never came with a mot.
2) I want to know if a front prop shaft should have showed up on a mot as they are saying its broken but they still give me a full mot today
3) why should I have to pay for it if Kia are admitting there is a fault by paying £600 towards it?
4) they are now saying the women I spoke to on the phone did not say there was a outstanding service issue to fix on the phone and therefore leads me to believe she was ref to the prop shaft

Ay help would be greatful

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,878 Posts
You can check MOT status on line I believe.

May depend on model, but front prop should have 2 Univesal Joints which are repairable. An older model with CVJ on one end can be bought on line for £350 or 725 for a genuine Kia version.

Seized prop is typically down to lack of lube by service agents (hard to get at grease nipple(s)).

You say "well known", but is it a "well known Kia dealer"? Don't be coy!

·
Registered
95 Sportage (for sale soon), Rover 75 (now sold), Renault 19 16v, Chevrolet Epica
138 Posts
yup, name and shame!

sounds something like an Arnold Clark garage!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts