Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX PHEV
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We just got out Sorento PHEV with carpeted floor mats (OEM),despite our purchase order where we did not request them.(but we had to buy them from the dealer, bummer!)
I have a Subaru Forester with floor liners (WeatherTech) and we think they are pretty good, as we have a 5 and 7 year olds and they are pretty rough users of the second row. then we think we should get floor liners for the Sorento 22 PHEV

Is there a way to compare these two products? (carpeted floor mats versus floor liners (Weather Tech)? I have not been able to get any specs about the OEM carpeted floor mats.
We already spent $230+ for the carpeted floor mats and I'm weighing if it makes sense to spend $280+ for the floor liners, but it is hard to compare apples to apples if the carpeted floor mats are actually as good as the liners or vice versa. We live in Cleveland, OH and we have all the seasons up here around the year (snow, rain, dirty, sun, etc...)

Any thoughts are highly appreciated!

Thank you

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX+V6
52 Posts
Take a look at Tux Mat, I have had a set for my two previous Sorentos and now use them in my PHEV, quality is amazing and fit is even better. I have a Weather Tech rear seat and hatch cover but for the floor mats, Tux all day long!

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX PHEV
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take a look at Tux Mat, I have had a set for my two previous Sorentos and now use them in my PHEV, quality is amazing and fit is even better. I have a Weather Tech rear seat and hatch cover but for the floor mats, Tux all day long!
Thank you for the message. So you think that the WeatherTech and Tux Mat are better floor liners overall versus the OEM carpeted floor mats? Mostly because they protect a little bit more like, the edges?

·
Registered
'22 Sorento SX-P, X-Line 2.5t, Wolf Gray
245 Posts
So you think that the WeatherTech and Tux Mat are better floor liners overall versus the OEM carpeted floor mats? Mostly because they protect a little bit more like, the edges?
I can't speak to Tux Mat. but I bought WeatherTech for front and 2nd row to replace my new carpeted mats. They fit perfect and offer MUCH better protection coming up the sides. For the rear, I bought the OEM cargo tray.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento PHEV SX-P
21 Posts
We have Tuxmats for our PHEV and they are amazing. Really good coverage (much better than carpet) and they provide a lot double sided velcro and clamps to get it very well integrated.

Reactions: Lalo B

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX+V6
52 Posts
The second row protection is unbeatable in my opinion and the way they cover between second and third row is fantastic as well.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX PHEV
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have Tuxmats for our PHEV and they are amazing. Really good coverage (much better than carpet) and they provide a lot double sided velcro and clamps to get it very well integrated.
Thank you for your comment!

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
84 Posts
Thank you for your message!
If you didn't order the Kia floor mats than give them back and Demand a refund to pay forvWeathertec or tux mats. They can't force you to accept and pay for what's not on your contract.
That what I would do.:)

Reactions: Lalo B

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX PHEV
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you didn't order the Kia floor mats than give them back and Demand a refund to pay forvWeathertec or tux mats. They can't force you to accept and pay for what's not on your contract.
That what I would do.:)
Thanks for the support. You are right and we were in a tough spot with our order, financing and timing, we had to suck that up but I'll leave a review on the dealership's website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts