Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento MQ4 GT-LINE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am from Australia and I recently bought the new generation GT-LINE (Diesel).
I noticed recently that there is only 1 reverse light working and not the both reverse lights. Is this normal or is this a fault? Apparently the car dealers dont have an answer and they keep telling me its normal, but I personally have not seen cars with single reverse light operating.
The other thing is that, at the steering, there is a fog light toggle, which turns on the front fog light (working fine both sides) and then the opposite toggle for fog lights at the rear of the car, i think similar area to reverse light, and that too only 1 light operates.

Can someone please help me who knows for sure if only 1 sided light is the actual design from KIA or is this a fault?

Thanks and appreciate your help in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi All,

I have got a confirmed and proved response form a friend who also bought the exact same car. The new 2021 Kia Sorento MQ4 Diesel (Australian version) has single reverse light and single back fog light operating.

·
Registered
2021 Sorrento GT AWD Diesel
7 Posts
Hi, I am from Australia and I recently bought the new generation GT-LINE (Diesel).
I noticed recently that there is only 1 reverse light working and not the both reverse lights. Is this normal or is this a fault? Apparently the car dealers dont have an answer and they keep telling me its normal, but I personally have not seen cars with single reverse light operating.
The other thing is that, at the steering, there is a fog light toggle, which turns on the front fog light (working fine both sides) and then the opposite toggle for fog lights at the rear of the car, i think similar area to reverse light, and that too only 1 light operates.

Can someone please help me who knows for sure if only 1 sided light is the actual design from KIA or is this a fault?

Thanks and appreciate your help in advance.
Hello, i was wondering the same thing when i recently picked up mine too, also Aussie, so its great to hear that there is nothing wrong with mine haha. i have a question for you if you dont mind, are you experiencing any wind noise coming in from the drivers side door, its very noticable and i have taken back to the dealer in Geelong and they have replaced the drivers side seal but it hasnt managed to fix the noise, they have told me that they have test driven some others and said that they experience the same. I didnt notice it in the model that i tested before i purchased the GT line. just wondering if they are putting me in the too hard basket. No other reviewers online mentioned it and im sure they would have as its annoying.
Thanks in advance.
John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, i was wondering the same thing when i recently picked up mine too, also Aussie, so its great to hear that there is nothing wrong with mine haha. i have a question for you if you dont mind, are you experiencing any wind noise coming in from the drivers side door, its very noticable and i have taken back to the dealer in Geelong and they have replaced the drivers side seal but it hasnt managed to fix the noise, they have told me that they have test driven some others and said that they experience the same. I didnt notice it in the model that i tested before i purchased the GT line. just wondering if they are putting me in the too hard basket. No other reviewers online mentioned it and im sure they would have as its annoying.
Thanks in advance.
John
Hi John,
No noise from my Sorento and just got back from long distant drive and was smooth and not noisy at all. I would have noticed if there was one. Ask ur dealer to replace for u as factory fitted seals are the real ones, after fitted ones are not as reliable and you may have to replace it after 4-5yrs.
I recommend u pressing on them to get the same car from another dealership and u reject their provided car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts