Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two different 03~05 Sorentos with TOD (auto transfer) that have front prop shaft boots that are torn. I'm not having any luck finding used ones or replacement parts for the shafts besides the u-joints. Anyone have any leads on repair parts for these?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
If you want to give me the last 8 of your vin #, I can look up Kia parts and get you some discounted price's. You are talking about front axle CV boots correct?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want to give me the last 8 of your vin #, I can look up Kia parts and get you some discounted price's. You are talking about front axle CV boots correct?
Nope. I'm looking for the boot on the front driveshaft for the 4WD. EST systems have a front and rear u-joint & TOD systems have the similar setup to a cv axle joint on the front and a rear u-joint. I'm looking for service parts for the front of the drive shaft for the TOD system, if available. I found a couple of websites advertising reman driveshafts for half the Kia cost, but I have yet to get a response back from them to date.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found a possible replacement boot setup. I will update if the part works. I'll also post pictures of the parts that are needing replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts