Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello can somebody please give me an answer how many speakers does the sorento have. I have a 2004 ex not luxury and the dealer told me it has 8 speakers. But it has 6 speaker grilles. their locations 2 griles on the top part of the front door and 2 speaker grilles on the kick panels of the front door and 2 speaker grilles on the rear doors. Nothing in the tailgate or back. The dealer says it is 10 because the speakers in the doors have 2 cones in them. That cant be right dual coned is still only 6 true speakers. Please somebody with true 8 speaker or 10 speaker please post pics of location of inside and grilles. Also any one know how dificult it will be to convert the manual temerature control to the automactic control. Is it already wired and just need a sensor. I need a good link for a parts list or manual for my 2004 sorento ex only 700 miles. My goal is to put every bell in whistle without payimng the dealers cost. I love my baby. willpost pics soon.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by nigwhyrito@Jan 11 2005, 01:52 AM
Hello can somebody please give me an answer how many speakers does the sorento have. I have a 2004 ex not luxury and the dealer told me it has 8 speakers. But it has 6 speaker grilles. their locations 2 griles on the top part of the front door and 2 speaker grilles on the kick panels of the front door and 2 speaker grilles on the rear doors. Nothing in the tailgate or back. The dealer says it is 10 because the speakers in the doors have 2 cones in them. That cant be right dual coned is still only 6 true speakers. Please somebody with true 8 speaker or 10 speaker please post pics of location of inside and grilles. Also any one know how dificult it will be to convert the manual temerature control to the automactic control. Is it already wired and just need a sensor. I need a good link for a parts list or manual for my 2004 sorento ex only 700 miles. My goal is to put every bell in whistle without payimng the dealers cost. I love my baby. willpost pics soon.
I have a 04 Sorento LX. Its says 8 speakers but has 6 speaker locations. The same places you just said. 2 on top of front door, 2 on bottom of front door and 2 at bottom of rear doors. I dont believe there are 8 and 10 true speakers. They just count a dual cone speaker as two speakers.
I dont know how to convert manual temp. control to automatic control.....sorry! Cant wait to see the pics. Check out my pics in the showroom. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 04Sorento@Jan 11 2005, 08:13 PM
I have a 04 Sorento LX. Its says 8 speakers but has 6 speaker locations. The same places you just said. 2 on top of front door, 2 on bottom of front door and 2 at bottom of rear doors. I dont believe there are 8 and 10 true speakers. They just count a dual cone speaker as two speakers.
I dont know how to convert manual temp. control to automatic control.....sorry! Cant wait to see the pics. Check out my pics in the showroom. :)
Thanks for answering so fast i was thinking about the rear of the tail gate where the lights are encased maybe try fitting a 4in speaker in there and using a roto saw to cut out the straight lines to make a grille. also what i meant about the temperature is buying the automactic dash insert and replacing the manual temp control should just be a sensor that would mount to the left where that little area is that has like 3 straigth lines like a sensor. also i know pep boys sells a automactic light module that is just 3 wires so i will install that but order kias sensor so it will all be factory but not factory. http://www.7453217467431.com/products/prod...D=1105513940234 or http://www.7453217467431.com/products/prod...D=1105513940203 in case ya wanted less intensity i installed it on a geo tracker 94 years ago took me about 15 mins.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Originally posted by nigwhyrito@Jan 12 2005, 03:10 AM
Thanks for answering so fast i was thinking about the rear of the tail gate where the lights are encased maybe try fitting a 4in speaker in there and using a roto saw to cut out the straight lines to make a grille. also what i meant about the temperature is buying the automactic dash insert and replacing the manual temp control should just be a sensor that would mount to the left where that little area is that has like 3 straigth lines like a sensor. also i know pep boys sells a automactic light module that is just 3 wires so i will install that but order kias sensor so it will all be factory but not factory.  http://www.7453217467431.com/products/prod...D=1105513940234  or http://www.7453217467431.com/products/prod...D=1105513940203 in case ya wanted less intensity i installed it on a geo tracker 94 years ago took me about 15 mins.
I can maybe help. With the older model kias they did wire car for every option even if it didnt have it. Like my car 99 sephia there is this clock option (wow I know lol) and in my cars case all I had was a change holder. so I got the clock at junk yard and the connector was there. so i think they do pre wire for all optins.... also the wiring is there for fog light factoy ones.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 1fastkia@Jan 12 2005, 08:29 AM
I can maybe help. With the older model kias they did wire car for every option even if it didnt have it. Like my car 99 sephia there is this clock option (wow I know lol) and in my cars case all I had was a change holder. so I got the clock at junk yard and the connector was there. so i think they do pre wire for all optins.... also the wiring is there for fog light factoy ones.
Cool thank you also for the info but i think you may have misunderstood what i was talking about the light option. I have the factory foglights on my 2004 ex already. I was talking about the automatic turno on option for those lights. Example it starting to get dark or you go through a tunnel. The lights come on automactically instead of you hitting the switch this is part of the luxury package their is a sensor that mounts on your dash. and ya have a different turn signal lever. The kit i listed is a aftermarket 15-30 min install that does the same you just leave your lights in the off position. I know i will need a sensor though for automactic temperature control also. It is listed in owners manual same as light sensor. But thank you anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts