Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2005 Sorento, with about 1000 miles on it now. Since I got it, the passenger seat belt light has come on with me (250 lbs) in it, and it sometimes goes off as it should.

The horn was an unmanly sounding horn, and the cruise control has now come on 7 times of it's own accored. With the dash button pushed to on, and driving down the highway, with hands at the 10 and 2 oclock positions, the car has engaged the cruise control, and the "cruise" light comes on on the dash readout.

I took it to the dealer, who replaced the "clock spring?" in the steering wheel, and said he thought that would fix it. It fixed the horn issue, but NOT the cruise control. Since that repair, I have had the cruise come on 3 times.

Has anyone else experienced this DANGEROUS issue? thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are you sure that cruise has become active? In my Sorento, the dash button results in the instrument panel showing "Cruise" but it does not become active until I press the "Set Coast" button on the steering wheel itself. It appears that the dash button merely installs the cruise function as pressing the steering wheel button alone has no effect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES, I am positive. On my Sorento, the button on the dash does NOT cause the Cruise Light to come on, UNTIL I press the button on the steering wheel. This has now happened a total of 11 times, and all have been approximately at 68-70 mph. They have happened on the freeway.

I have removed my foot completely, and remain in cruise.

The last time, yesterday, I was driving with one hand at approximately the 12 oclock position, when it engaged again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts