Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debut appearance leads to an impressive victory for the Kia Sorento in the J.D. Power Survey 2005.

Beating 4x4 brand names such as Land Rover and Jeep and last year’s winner the Toyota RAV4, the Kia Sorento clinched the top spot in the 4x4 category with an overall customer satisfaction index (CSI) of 84%.

Not content with winning its class, the Sorento claimed 7th position overall in the customer satisfaction survey ahead of models from premium brands like Audi, Mercedes, Porsche and Jaguar and ahead of established market leaders such as Ford, Renault and Volvo.

What Car? magazine describes the Sorento’s success: “The cabin is practical, the seats comfortable and the styling appealing. Kia dealers do their bit, too. It’s easy to book a service at short notice, and staff are helpful and polite. Throw in some of the lowest running costs in the 4x4 class and you have a worthy winner.”

Paul Williams, Managing Director, Kia Motors expands on the success: “The Sorento marked the arrival of a new generation of Kia products and to win and be placed seventh overall on its debut provides proof that we are moving in the right direction.

“The J.D. Power survey reports consistently good performance from Kia across the board from vehicle performance to ownership costs and highlights how far and how quickly we have come in the development of our products and the Kia brand. In particular we have been making great strides with developing our dealer network and ensuring that customer satisfaction is a number one priority.”

Continuing on its path of rapid growth, Kia was placed 25th overall ahead of the likes of Citroën, Peugeot, Land Rover and Fiat. And with new updated products already introduced – Picanto and Sportage; and new products on the horizon – Rio and Magentis, Kia takes on the challenge to improve on that position.

The J.D. Power Survey focuses on cars registered between September 2002 and August 2003 and 23,322 people took part in this year’s survey.

Customers can read the full results in the June edition of What Car? Or visit www.kia.co.uk

·
Registered
72 Posts
:p
Well Murhwiz .............. it's nothing any Sorento owner does'nt know already is it !
Thanks for write up though, it makes for an interesting read & cant wait for the June copy of What Car? Couldnt find anything about it on kia.co.uk though !

Cheers mate
Mark
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
:)
I had a 4.0 Ford Explorer prior to my Sorento ......... now that was thirsty !!
Sorry to all you yanks, you wont understand the problem us poor brits have re the price of fuel over here, it really is stupid ! Soon to be £4.00 a gallon, about $7.5.

:haha:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Murph,

Thank you for the good news. I have to Sorento for 9 months now and every time I drive it I smile.

On the New Car Guide in Top Gear it says “….Keep up the good work Kia”, they were right.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by Mark Shaw@Apr 15 2005, 10:22 PM
I had a 4.0 Ford Explorer prior to my Sorento ......... now that was thirsty !!
Sorry to all you yanks, you wont understand the problem us poor brits have re the price of fuel over here, it really is stupid ! Soon to be £4.00 a gallon, about $7.5.

:haha:

Me too :haha:
4.0Ltr V6
I bought one for the wife... She used to put about £130 a month in it...
This was just for the school run and shops etc... :angry:

We went to the KIA deaership yesterday and the rep asked if we would want the 2.5D or the 3.5 V6

I had to give her the "Don't f*** with me on this one" face!
She got the message. :haha:

NEVER AGAIN!

2.5D here we come.

lol
Paul

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh Paul ......... you shoulda teased them a bit with the ' well .... the V6 would be nice buttttt !!!!!!!!! syndrome !

Poor old yanks accross the pond just cant engage with the problems us Brits have with fuel prices, they would be saying' what ..... me ..... drive a diesel .... c'mon you have gotta be joking .... give me the petrol guzzler NOW ! :innocent:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mark,
Isn't the reason for high fuel prices in the UK due mainly to the high tax rate? How much of the 4.00 goes to tax anyway? Sure us yanks across the the pond are fat and happy :D but we still don't like high fuel costs either even if it's only half as much as in the UK. What I don't understand is, since we can put a man/woman in space, why hasn't anyone been able to created a viable renewable fuel source? No need to answer that one. I know the answer...fat and happy energy corporations that control everything and all of us.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Not sure what amount goes to the tax man .... believe it is somewhere around 70% ! All that money on fuel + we pay a road tax to use the roads, around £170.00 per year.
Now the government are opening more & more toll roads ................................ Christ ........... it's never ending !!!! What were you saying about the moon ..... perhaps that is the place to live now !!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL The two toll roads that were here were done away with by politicians whose constituents wanted them gone.

We'll be moving to a high traffic tourist trap area with one big toll road that connects two main areas in a short distance, but I think I'll just go through the backroads. Or the scenic route by the beach, while Okaloosa or Walton county gets rich off the Northern beach combers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts