Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a March 2004 registered Kia Sorento 2.5CRDI which at 12000 miles, while towing my caravan (which is well within the towing limits) the clutch pedal suddenly became very light in action and the clutch lost drive consequently overheating. The car was taken to the Kia dealership from which I purchased it.
Kia accept no responsibility for the failure of the clutch blaming wear and tear for this, and the Kia dealer has issued me with a bill for £633 for parts and labour.
Have any other Sorento owners had similar problems.

·
Registered
72 Posts
:(
Hi John

Sorry to here the news re the clutch ..... should'nt do that after only 12,000 mls. My experience with certain Kia dealers leaves a lot to be desired !!!

I am a little bit more lucky in that my Sorento is Auto so hopefully this wont happen to me !! I tow a large twin axle caravan, Avondale Argente 650-6 with no probs, owned both from new & have just clocked 14,500 mls on an 04 plate.

My advice to you is to get straight onto Kia UK monday morning and complain like ''merry hell'' with them saying that a car with the write up & following the Sorento has within the caravanning world, to do this on such a low milage is not acceptalble. Threaten to write to every caravan magazine with a letter saying about the clutch burn out & the poor level of customer service you have received & see where you get. Swing from the trees & roof tops until they listen !!!!!!!!

Good luck

Mark :angry:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'd also recommend talking to KIA UK direct yourself, clutch failure at 12k miles is unacceptable imho.
Kia replace Rio clutches under warranty, but do state they will replace only once.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts