Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) hi
First time on forum. just purchased 2004 xe and had towbar fitted .im having problems sorting car plate bracket for 200Q Bulldog stabiliser to suit .Anybody got this setup for there car & caravan ?. any help would be appreciated .
thanks
Mick

·
Registered
72 Posts
:(
Hi Mick
Welcome to the forum. Hope you are as pleased with the sorento as I have been !
Re the stabiliser problem ..... I know I wanted to have a bike rack fitted to the rear of my towbarwhen the car was new. However, I was advised that this would push the towbar a few mm out further than Kia's recommended distance & could invalidate any further warrenty claims. I fitted the bike rack regardless of this !! Re your stabiliser, I tow an Avondale Argente 650-6 twin axle van with a winterhoff stabiliser fitted to the caravan. I have towed upwards of 60- 65mph with no adverse problems. Maybe you could try this set up instead of the Bulldog ?
Cheers
Mark
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mick

I had a witter tow bar fitted to my XE and fitted a Bulldog Stabiliser Car Plate BL4

I replaced the spacer fitted between the tow bar and tow ball with the car plate which was the same thickness, seem to work fine. hope this helps

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI MIKE
THANKS FOR REPLY THAT LOOKS LIKE THE LC1 CAR PLATE ON BULLDOG WEBSITE CHEERS.PICTURE ATTACHED SHOWING MY SETUP NOT A WITTER TOWBAR THOUGH BUT SIMILAR I THINK. WILL GIVE IT A GO.
TA MICK
PS THANKS ALSO MARK FOR REPLY :D

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts