Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

when I am driving on the freeway in the fifth gear, the car gets stuck in 5fifth.
When I want push, it does not shift down. Furthermore, when I go in manual mode, no gear is shown in the instrumental cluster and there is no reaction.
I have to come to a stop and it feels like the car shift from 5 to 1 and then it works fine..
This only happens on the freeway. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento EX
402 Posts
Try resetting the gearbox by removing the P/TRN fuse for a few minutes. You will find it the fusebox behind the battery.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
Happened to me too just this week. (the manual mode bit)
Going down a steep hill and wanted to engine break, tipped it over into tip-tronic mode, and nothing. Tried again a couple times, nothing.
The standard auto shifting was still working fine.
When i came to complete stop, i could use the manual selection.

No ideas, as this has only happened to me once...

·
Registered
1 Posts
When my 2005 Sorento started sticking in higher gears and having to almost stop to reset it, I put it in the shop several times. New computer, new transmission, new everything EXCEPT looking for a service notification from KIA. 2006. Some "wire isn't insulated correctly" was my 4th year of problems answer. They read the service notification, fixed it and presto, for almost a year it worked great! Until over the warranty, then out it goes again. Ahhhh Kia, why did you change that 2004 Sorento SOOOoooooooo much? It made #1 then. Never again. There is a fuse P/Turn fuse by the battery that you may be able to pull and wait a few minutes to reset it. Just found it.

BTW- My manual worked spotty at best, until the "fix", but works fine still now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts