Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I've got a 2004 Kia Sorento and just recently replaced my spark plugs. I currently have white smoke coming from behind the engine when I start running the car. I suspect that this may due to a small oil leak coming from the engine or a coolant leak that is being heated up and smoking when the car starts. I wanted to double check that my vacuum hoses and coolant hoses were put back together the correct way. The attached picture shows (at the bottom) my coolant reservoir and (to the right) the air intake as well as the throttle box (towards the top of the picture). All the vacuum and coolant hoses are hooked up as the picture shows and I want to make sure that everything is hooked up properly.

The air intake (right side of picture) currently has a hose going beneath the throttle box and towards the engine. The throttle box has a hose going to the left side of the picture to a small metal pipe that runs along the back side of the car.

Kia Sorento Vacuum Hoses_82419.jpg

Please let me know what you think of the setup I've got right now! I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions for how to fix the hosing problem or the white smoke issue or even the small engine oil leak.

Thanks a ton everyone!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
petritis
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing