Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I will soon be the owner of a new kia amanti. Against the wishes of my friends and family. And they all have negative comments about kia. I seem to think i will be getting the bargain of all cars because the car is quite impressive at the price and loaded. My question to anyone that has one . And please be honest. Have you had any regrets on the decision you made. And i would like to know of any possible mechanical problems.
Thank You
Don

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,116 Posts

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Welcome to the site. I too dont have an Amanti. I have an 04 Sorento and 04 Optima. They are the best vehicles I have ever owned. I too had friends and family that said why Kia?? Once I took them for a ride in them it changed there attitude about Kias. I think you made a good choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
:D We bought our 2004 Amanti in August. It went back to the dealer one time when the check engine light came on. A valve was stuck at the vapor canister and was replaced under warranty.

I would not hesitate to buy the car again. We love it. It is super comfortable and luxurious for the price. I would not be able to pry my wife's hands off it even if I wanted to.

If you compare all the features and warranty of the Amanti to other like equiped brands, you will find that you will pay a LOT more money with less warranty.

Go for it, I don't think you will be sorry.

·
Registered
134 Posts
cooldon...read everything on this forum and you will get a pretty good sense for this car........I, myself, have had an Amanti for 13 months (10500 miles) and still enjoy the car everytime I drive it...yes I have and continue to have an on-going problem with a front end noise and a open door chime which is temperamental and does not want to turn off at all....but that is the extent of my issues...I have had other cars with more problems....anyway the proof of how reliable this car is going to be is an unknown and only tim e will tell that story.....do I have regrets about buying this car??? absolutely NOT....I am planning to get the front end fixed no matter how long it takes.....the dealer ( an important component) an Kia have been cooperative and certainly have the responsibility to make things right...it's all a big crap shoot anyway , isn't it???????rayray :p BTW..all the work to attempt to repair the front end noise ( lots of new parts done in 5 visits were all done under warranty) with no hesitation on the dealer's part.........keep the forum up to date with your experiences with your NEW Amanti !!!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
cooldon.....after months of research we purchased our 04 Amanti 2 weeks ago. It is probably the most comfortable car that I have ever driven. A friend of mine has a Deville DTS and after driving the Amanti, he stated that it was more comfortable and quieter that his Caddy. Based of feedback from this and other forums, I think that it is one of the best kept secrets of the luxury auto world. Great bang for the buck !!

Ours is black on black...looks incredible when clean but just drive on a snowy street and its back to square one !!! Good thing that I enjoy washing cars !!! In Canada there are no options...the car is fully loaded...just pick a colour.

Enjoy your NEW AMANTI...your friends will be eating crow soon !!

·
Registered
134 Posts
ccoldon....thought I would add something to my earlier post...my car prior to the Amanti was an Infiniti Q45 ( 50 grand plus in 1994 ) I t was a fantasic car, smooth, very fast and top-notched quality built....but very expensive to repair and it wasn't without several ( $$$$$$) repairs for this Infiniti flagship...so translated 55k in 94 would certainly equate to 75 k plus today and the Amanti at 22-28 k, the Amanti is a better buy...and the ride is ULTRA SUPERIOR to the Q as well as the build quality is equal is not a tad better.......but both cars will and have suffered very low resale value so the idea is to keep the Amanti until the second part ( 10 yr-100k) warranty expires....good looks, great ride, well made , excellent warranty are just a few pluses.....poor gas mileage is a real problem thought.....anyway don....you drive and enjoy and develop your own opinion.........please let us know as we all learn from the experiences of others and SOMETIMES we actually learn things by ourselves....rayray... :) :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
cooldon: I have a 2004 Amanti that I purchased in Sept. 2004. It is black on black with all the options and has just over 11K miles. I absolutely love this car and am constantly questioned "Is it REALLY a Kia?" Fortunately, I have had no problems whatsoever with the vehicle; none of the front end noise problems mentioned in this forum, thank God. Build date on my car is May 2004. I would not hesitate to purchase another Amanti, and think you will be very pleased with your choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked up my new Amanti on Jan 6th, 2005 - just love the car - quiet, roomy with smooth ride (not meant to be a sport car). I previously owned a Hyundai
XG -300 which I drove for 4 years virtually problem free and loved this vehicle as well. The fact that the Amanti has a 5 year warrenty says it is meant to be as problem free as possible.
In Canada the car only comes in one model, with all the options including the beautiful interior. I have the black on black, hard to keep clean but looks awesome when it is.
I know you have made the right decision to buy the Amanti.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:) I ownded a 2002 Kia Optima, bought it new, had a few minor problems which the dealer fixed no questions asked, 1. gas tank lid would not close 2.strip came out of windsheild, fixed no problem, window broke, fixed no problem, chip came off grill fixed no problem (installed new grill. Their guarntee is as good as gold. I put 58000mi on my optima and enjoyed driving it, it is a fun car.
All in all I had a good time with my Kia Optima, and the gaurantee just can't be beat.
So I bought a New Amanti, that should tell you wht I think of Kia

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a new member to the forum, but have a 2004 Sorento EX. We have had it for a smidge over 1 year. We have had some of the door weatherstripping replaced under warranty. That's it. The gas mileage is pretty crappy for a vehicle it's size, but it has had the highest quality of any car I have owned.

That is why I am here on the Amanti forum - I have been so pleased with the Sorento (and I did a test drive of an Amanti) that I am seriously thinking of replacing my car (a Buick) with an Amanti.

The resale value was my biggest concern, but the local dealership has brand-new 2004's for sale for about $20K.

My only question is if there have been any substantive revisions between the 2004 and 2005 models. I am reading about front end problems/noises on older ones.

Any comments, anyone?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, Cooldon, have you purchased your Amanti by now? I have mine since Jan 2004 and have almost 23,000 happy miles. If you do have yours, how do you like it? I love mine!
Jim, the 2004 & 2005 Amanti's are very similar. The 2005 has a dashboard indicator about the passenger airbag and the trim around the center armrest is no longer faux wood, but plastic, (I personally like the '04 better). The suspension problems of a few of the earlier Amanti's seems to have been addressed successfully and I believe the latter '04's should be fine.

In fact I just got mine fixed, (built in '03) as I had the "balls shaken in a tennis tube" suspension noise coming from the front. The bushings and sleeves were replaced and now I look for bumps, because the car is dead quiet now. It's great!!
I cannot think of any car that is so wonderful to drive IF you like the softer, comfortable type of ride. Those that like sporty rides will be disappointed. However, since you are coming from a Buick, you will certainly feel at home with the Amanti.

I feel KIA is a very talented company -in the sense that they can produce small, inexpensive cars, yet they can also build a high quality automobiles that very few (if any) people have complained about -that they would never buy again.

As you mentioned about your Sorento, the biggest fault is the MPG. It should be better. Still, the next time I buy a car, I'm certain it will be a future Amanti, (unless they do something really stupid with it's visual styling!).

Good luck and I hope you choose an Amanti for yourselves!!

-Pete

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello Tgear. Yes i had posted it. I got my amanti 2 weeks ago. And i get nothing but compliments. And it is not what i thought it was it is much more. And as i stated i think we amanti owners have the bargain of a life time. And i have no doubt that i will enjoy this car for a long time to come.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts