Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started up my car this afternoon, the UVO system took a while to start up and even when I shifted into reverse, I just saw the "UVO" splash screen - no back-up camera. Okay, no big deal, this has happened a number of times before. The weird thing was that the back-up camera came on just as I shifted into drive and it stayed on as I drove out of the parking lot. It was weird to see the camera view as I was going forward, not backward. When I got to a stop light, I shifted the car to park, then reverse, and then back to drive but the back-up camera stayed on. Turning the car off and restarting it was the only thing that got rid of the camera and brought up the audio system.

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX Premium
6 Posts
Had this happen to me when i was backing out at work. I think it is that you shifted to reverse before the system could fully start and it got confused. I backed out and shifted to drive pretty quick, thats when the camera stayed on. All i had to do was come to a full stop, put in park for a few seconds until the uvo came up and the put it into drive and it fixed it. Have not had a problem since, i think because i am aware that shifting into reverse to quickly may have caused this to happen. Not sure why it keeps happening to you, but should probalby bring it up with the dealership if possible.

·
Registered
Accord, stick
206 Posts
How about Ctrl-Alt-Del???

This is silly. One should not WAIT for car to 'boot' in order to run it. What is next? If you are too fast for car you will be ejected or chocked with seat belt?

To much toys in a object which is suppose to safely move you from A to B....

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
there is a reset button on the UVO system if you are having problems that could perhaps solve it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts