Kia Forum banner

Someone speak Korean??? HEEELP

19K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  ron1004 
#1 ·
Hi guys.

I have a KDM Sorento 2013.
it came in korean language, i tried to setup the bluetooth but my model uses voice recognition procedure.

I hope some korean speaking fórum member could help me with the setup

Thanks in advance

Nicolas

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I can read, write and speak a little Korean, but not to the level of translating something like this, however there's a far better way and that is the KiaTech web site where you can create an account (free) and download owners handbooks etc.

The attached is a few low resolution pages as an example of what's available on KiaTech.

Attachments

#3 ·
RON 1004.

Thank you for your feedback.

Wheel, my SOrento has a Korean multimedia screen inavi Brand.
In the touch screen there is no chance to pair a phone.

So the only chance is pair the phone trough voice command prompts.

European and American Kias has 8 voice command languages with change posibility (except korean) SO i think that KDM Kias has ONLY Korean voice recognition system.

In a USDM english manual says:

- Push voice command button, say "SETUP"
- Then Say "PAIR PHONE"
- Kia will ask you for a phone name
- You answer for example "Nicolas phone"
- Then Kia will give you the BT 0000 pin code
etc......

When I push the button i only hear Korean , then tried to say "SETUP" in english, and kia answer me "SETUP" voilá maybe it also recognizes english commands, but i cant understand what is next.

Do you think that if i Upload to YouTube my Babel tower conversation with my car, you can help me with the Korean commands???

I have the Korean manual FYI

Thanks a lot for the help, i have a 2013 car and need to use a standalone bluetooth headset!!

Nicolas

#6 ·
It prompts you to enter "setup" and does not understand you responses thereafter.

After you speak "Blue Tooth", the response is that it cannot understand your instruction and suggests you speak more clearly, and then apologises because it cannot understand your instruction.

#7 ·
If you capture screen shots with the writing in each menu that may work better, and hopefully I can identify the language select, if it has that capability.

#13 ·
Hi guys.

You dont know how much i really apreciatte your help, i think is the only way to take out potential to the multimedia system and Bluetooth.
Im uploading some pictures from the manuals.
FYI i changed the languaje of the Dash LCD (where the speedometer is located) surfing trough the menus and using a translator (google) jajaja i learned how to write in Korean!!!!!
But i dont know if the lenguaje of the voice system can be changed. I did read in a USDM sorento manual, that the lenguaje of the system in general can be changed for several languajes, but korean isnt listed. Could be that KDM Kias are only in Korean??

P.d. i have a missing part of the inavi system. is a MIcro SD card, i think someone stoled from the carshop. Every time i turn on the car, it prompts for a micro sd. In the inavi manual ther eis a webpage where you can download a software to update the microsd, i succeded download the software, but then all is in Korean again.....

#18 ·
Probably there is a technical error in upgrading process. The texts in the photo reads:

Title (in red): inavi manager
If you update to the newest version, you will experience better services.
(Some unreadable fonts)
Current progress: red bar
Entire progress: purple bar
Current file
Version

#19 ·
BECKKIM. PLease first thank you for your help, you dont know how i apreciate it.
I will try to continue doing the nerd stuff in the PC later. Maybe we can focus now in the bluetooth configuration, that is the mos important for me now. As i have researched, KIA voice recognition system, allows you to pair the phone using voice commands. About the voice recog, it seems Korean Kias only have korean lenguaje, because i tried to push the talk button for long time and there is no feedback for lenguaje change. Maybe my best try would be make a Korean procedure checklist. Please take a look to his procedure, i guess is the same in korean but with Korean commands.

Maybe i need to know how say in good korean the ketwords SETUP, PAIR PHONE, YES. what do you think???

#20 · (Edited)
If you can find a Korean version manual for bluetooth setup, that will be best to solve your problem because I don't know exactly which Korean word commands are used in Korean version Sorento.
In the photo you posted above (page 4-160) it just says "Refer to the additional manual for more details about bluetooth setup".
But for now, you can try to say "Serl-Jerng" for setup, "Phone Yern-Gyerl" for pair phone, "Ye" for yes.

#23 ·
very late on this post....I saw your video on youtube and comment on it... if you figure out how to fix the issue please let me know. I did pair my phone one time with my 2011 Kia K5, only korean model...but I've been unable to do it again....

I just want to knoe how to say "Yes" I thought it was "nae", but someone here write "ye", "setup", etc.

if you read this I will appreciate very much an email from you, mine is tuliomartinez@outlook.com

regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.